Enter if you dare!
Richard B.

National Post Cryptic: by Cox and Rathvon Saturday February 6

Post by Richard B. »

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

This is the toughest HEX I have tried in quite a while. Finally got the top half. I think 7D will be nigh unto impossible for a young person to get. Took me way too long.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

SewYoung wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:14 pm This is the toughest HEX I have tried in quite a while. Finally got the top half. I think 7D will be nigh unto impossible for a young person to get. Took me way too long.
Post enlightenment.... and just like that it started coming together. Done!!
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

Loved it! I like cryptic as much as metas!
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Jeanrosz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:02 am Loved it! I like cryptic as much as metas!
Agree 100%. I find that solving each cryptic clue is like solving a meta. And a cryptic puzzle has so many clues!
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

Dang - late to the game again. Seem to forget about these until I stumble upon your(@Richard B) reminders.
Thanks for doing that!

Printed and solved. Some nice clues in there. And not "sew young" as to be stumped by 7D.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

RPardoe wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:28 pm Dang - late to the game again. Seem to forget about these until I stumble upon your(@Richard B) reminders.
Thanks for doing that!

Printed and solved. Some nice clues in there. And not "sew young" as to be stumped by 7D.
Me neither at 62 years of age, although (spoiler alert for any who have not finished this puzzle) with that "X" in the third space, I kept trying to break up the word "PIXIE" to use in there somewhere. Finally came together with a couple more letters.
I echo your thanks to Richard for posting these every week. I'm not always able to get to it on Saturday, but really look forward to them.
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

I also noticed that a rare letter was not buried in the grid unchecked. Nice change of pace!