WSJ, 06/19/21: "Go Figure" by HEX

Enter if you dare!
ChrisKochmanski

WSJ, 06/19/21: "Go Figure" by HEX

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Fun. This one came fairly easily for me, which was a relief, because this weeks metas have definitely NOT come easily for me.
Jace54

Post by Jace54 »

Stumped for a little bit by the instructions, then figured it out and did not encounter any roadblocks. I enjoyed the reveal and almost missed its cleverness.
Meg

Post by Meg »

I’ve learned over the years that HEX directions always make sense, just usually after I’ve gotten through a good portion of the puzzle. This one was no exception and not too hard.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Agree with Meg. Had to start before I fully understood the instructions. Once I found the first “number”, the instructions made complete sense.

Here’s the link for those who would like:
https://s.wsj.net/public/resources/docu ... 192021.pdf
BrennerTJ

Post by BrennerTJ »

Finished it - cool.
-Tamara
BethA

Post by BethA »

Agree with the above comments. The instructions were incomprehensible to me before starting, but I trusted the puzzle and its constructors. Really enjoyed it!

I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to look at it yesterday, so just started after lunch, and completed in about 1.5 hours. That’s pretty good for me. Usually takes putting down and coming back at least a few times before I can decipher it all…
Barney

Post by Barney »

Bailing
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

Was confident in the instructions that I did this one in pen....and yes, I did (insert puzzle "answer" here).
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

This was fun. I got most of it pretty quick after the first aha moment, but the top left quad was stumping me. Then I got that one answer that filled in enough to lead to the others, and I was done. Also (insert puzzle "answer") for me!
Guffman

Post by Guffman »

Instructions appear more complex than they really are. I simply began filling in answers as usual and the "figured" squares became pretty obvious. A fun solve.
KayW

Post by KayW »

Solved. And yes I very much did what HEX hoped I would do with the puzzle. Go figure. They are brilliant!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »