Harper’s, July 2021: Crazy Quilt

Enter if you dare!
ChrisKochmanski

Harper’s, July 2021: Crazy Quilt

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Took me a while to get momentum, but once rolling, I made good time. Needed to Google to confirm some uncommons.
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

:cry: Don't have my issue yet, nor has the website been updated. :cry:
RPardoe

Post by RPardoe »

Monday update = website updated; issue received. I know what I will be solving tonight after work.

Edit - and done.
Worked up from the lower right corner and yielded without much resistance.
Tom Wilson

Post by Tom Wilson »

Had fun with this one, hiccups and all.
Leslie

Post by Leslie »

ChrisKochmanski wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:21 pm Took me a while to get momentum, but once rolling, I made good time. Needed to Google to confirm some uncommons.
I often find I'm on a different wavelength from Maltby regarding what is uncommon. This time the only answer I had difficulty with was 32A, which wasn't noted as unusual in any way.
Naptown Kid

Post by Naptown Kid »

Leslie wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am I often find I'm on a different wavelength from Maltby regarding what is uncommon. This time the only answer I had difficulty with was 32A, which wasn't noted as unusual in any way.

As usual I am bringing up the rear on the Harper’s solve, but I savor the experience. I couldn’t agree more with Leslie. What passes for common in Maltby’s world is often very foreign to mine. 32A was just one that had me Google-eyed. Also 27D and 8D. Took me 4 seatings, and finished at 12D after finally getting 8D. As always, I found his cluing vastly entertaining.