Using the @ to alert a specific member

A place to ask and answer questions about how to use the forum.
Inca

Using the @ to alert a specific member

Post by Inca »

I tried using the @ with the user "M and M" however I could not do it. I assume it's because of the space which presumably is allowed in the username but not when searching for the username with the @ symbol. Just thought I'd let you know
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Inca wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:19 pm I tried using the @ with the user "M and M" however I could not do it. I assume it's because of the space which presumably is allowed in the username but not when searching for the username with the @ symbol. Just thought I'd let you know
Testing... paging @M and M

I got it by entering @M and looking through the list of all the M muggles. (M and M was just below the halfway point.) Couldn't narrow it down further because entering that first space made the list go away.

I think you can also just forgo the @ shortcut and enter the code

Code: Select all

[mention]M and M[/mention] 
I'll try that with your name @Inca
Inca

Post by Inca »

BarbaraK wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:36 pm
Inca wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:19 pm I tried using the @ with the user "M and M" however I could not do it. I assume it's because of the space which presumably is allowed in the username but not when searching for the username with the @ symbol. Just thought I'd let you know
Testing... paging @M and M

I got it by entering @M and looking through the list of all the M muggles. (M and M was just below the halfway point.) Couldn't narrow it down further because entering that first space made the list go away.

I think you can also just forgo the @ shortcut and enter the code

Code: Select all

@M and M 
I'll try that with your name @Inca
Well, that worked! Not sure I know what I'm doing but I'm going to try the code-route too:
@BarbaraK
Inca

Post by Inca »

Cool...
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

@Inca

Attempting to type in all coding without using the drop-down menu. Brian mentioned in a recent Tuesday zoom mtg that the drop-down needed to be used.

Submitting...
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ.
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ENORMOUS ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ:
๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!