Q&A With Matt Gaffney June 29

This is a place to learn about the Muggles community and some of the terminology we use. It also contains suggested strategies for solving meta crosswords, as well as a repository of all past WSJ crossword contests and solutions.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

What an awesome event! Loved it that we had such a great and esteemed group who took the time to be with us! Thanks to Bob and everyone who put this together.
Heidi
SReh26

Post by SReh26 »

I couldn’t attend but listened to the replay today! Really enjoyed it! Great job, everyone!

EDIT: It made my day actually! 😃
Darth

Post by Darth »

I'd like to wager a guess of 125, if I may. :)
Darth
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Good morning everyone.

A few wrapup things from the Q&A.

We had 129 different participants with a note that if you came in two different ways, the system counts you twice but if you bounced in and out with the same address then you are only counted once.

I have a text file of the chats if anyone is interested - with a warning that it runs for 10 pages. Send me a PM and I will get it to you.

If you are having problems viewing the video, download it to your computer. The video only shows the 25 people who were on my screen at any one time.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

I wasn't able to make the actual zoom with Matt, but I did download it and watched it last night. I really enjoyed it. It was great to put some faces to the names. Thank all who were involved in making it happen. Your hard work is appreciated!! And a special thanks to Matt and Mike for taking time out of their busy schedules to be with us.
Cindy Heisler
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

I'm watching this now! I couldn't attend due to my work schedule, but oldjudge (a red herring for Gaffney, who thought he was a judge, haha) gave me a shout-out, so I'm very humbled and was there in spirit with all of you! Even watching it now - what a wonderful community and experience to be a part of. :)
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 89. That's Not Right!