YourPalSal's Muggle Meetup - Zoom Tuesday Evenings

This is a place to learn about the Muggles community and some of the terminology we use. It also contains suggested strategies for solving meta crosswords, as well as a repository of all past WSJ crossword contests and solutions.
Prozach

Post by Prozach »

Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Prozach wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:32 pm you guys can come aboard my room - no time limit

https://osu.zoom.us/my/tzachi.zach?pwd= ... FMeXo4UT09
PLEASE JOIN US AT THIS LINK!
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ.
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ENORMOUS ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ:
๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Joe Ross wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:41 pm
Prozach wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:32 pm you guys can come aboard my room - no time limit

https://osu.zoom.us/my/tzachi.zach?pwd= ... FMeXo4UT09
PLEASE JOIN US AT THIS LINK!
Going forward: Sal's new link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89184367093?p ... s4YUQvdz09
if pw needed, use muggle
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ.
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ENORMOUS ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ:
๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
Alvibu67

Post by Alvibu67 »

It was great fun meeting many of the Muggles on my first meetup last night! Looking forward to next week's - and maybe a successful meta solve!

Allison Burn
Alvibu67
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

I am interested in joining in one of these calls. Do they still happen? How do I get the link?

- Ellen
- Just puzzling it out here in Delmarva :D
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

MamaE wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:48 pm I am interested in joining in one of these calls. Do they still happen? How do I get the link?

- Ellen
Going forward: Sal's ZOOM link:

LINK to Tuesday Night Muggle Zoom Meeting

If pw needed, use muggle
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

Thanks everyone that was a fun meet up :-)
MamaE

Post by MamaE »

Sorry I missed tonightโ€™s call - away visiting/helping my parents in NH and lost track of time!
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

I am a muggle from the beginning. I have problems when I try to zoom on this site only. My box always comes up black with a white silhouette. One time maybe six months ago either Bob or Joe Ross moderated and I mentioned it to him and he did something on his end to activate my picture. But from then on I only get the black box. I am logged in when I connect to zoom. Is there any setting on my end that I can fix?
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

Jeanrosz wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:17 pm I am a muggle from the beginning. I have problems when I try to zoom on this site only. My box always comes up black with a white silhouette. One time maybe six months ago either Bob or Joe Ross moderated and I mentioned it to him and he did something on his end to activate my picture. But from then on I only get the black box. I am logged in when I connect to zoom. Is there any setting on my end that I can fix?
Jean
The problem is that your camera is not activated. It is either a setting on your computer or that you have not allowed zoom to activate your camera.

It depends on whether you have a PC or Mac and the operating system and are trying from a table, phone or computer. If you have a PC, go to "settings" and select "bluetooth & devices" and then look for "cameras". From there you should be able to turn on your camera setting.

When you were on months ago, as the account owner, I can hit a button on your image that requests you to turn on your camera and that allowed your camera go come on.

Also when you get into zoom there is a camera icon in the lower left corner (for PC's) that may have a red line through it. Click on that and it will turn your camera on if your system is activated.

If you want to do a test meeting to solve the problem, let me know and we can set it up.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Jeanrosz

Post by Jeanrosz »

Thanks..Joe Ross helped me outโ€ฆ