Introducing the WSJ Crossword Course

This is a place to learn about the Muggles community and some of the terminology we use. It also contains suggested strategies for solving meta crosswords, as well as a repository of all past WSJ crossword contests and solutions.
Joe Ross

Introducing the WSJ Crossword Course

Post by Joe Ross »

READ LATEST NEWS
EXPLORE MEMBER BENEFITS

Learn strategies to win our weekly contest and get an inside look into how WSJ crosswords are made with our four-part crossword course.

Part #1 Poetic Justice

Part #2 Chemical Change

Part #3 In Character

Part #4 Looking for That Spark

GET STARTED

More On Puzzles

Practice Makes Perfect
Sharpen your skills by playing puzzles from our archives.
PLAY NOW

Meet the Muggles
No, it’s not Harry Potter. Muggles are a community of crossword lovers who go head to head for the weekly “Crossword Champion” coffee mug.
READ MORE

Go Behind the Scenes
Learn tips and tricks of the crossword trade from the experts behind the puzzles. Watch the replay of our past online live event with WSJ Senior Features Editor Mike Miller, Crossword Editor Mike Shenk and Crossword Writer Matt Gaffney.
WATCH

So When Is the Next Puzzle?
Sign up to receive email alerts when a new puzzle is available and be one of the first to crack the crossword.
Wendy Walker

Post by Wendy Walker »

How on Earth did I miss seeing that article about the Muggles, and the glossary of terms?! It's delightful! Thanks for posting, Joe!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

Though I’m a PAPER (& online) WSJ subscriber, I never saw that article either. I joined just weeks after that date. Glad to have this article to shove at people who don’t get what a Muggle is even after I explain it. (Article doesn’t mention our zoom meetings… was that started after it came out?)
The other Wendy. :roll:
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Friday’s print edition had a half page ad for the Crossword Course. More new muggles coming soon?!
79B86ECC-3682-437B-87E0-1418D77D06BC.jpeg