Arkadium's 12 Days of Crosswords

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
ky-mike

Arkadium's 12 Days of Crosswords

Post by ky-mike »

https://www.arkadium.com/games/12-days-of-crossword

Matt just tweeted about this 12 day contest with a $3,000 prize. First four puzzles were pretty easy. Must complete and submit puzzles online. Meta at the end of the 12th puzzle which will reference the prior puzzles (so you probably need to complete them all to get the meta).

Happy solving!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Does anyone know how to print it?
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Al Sisti wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:16 pm Does anyone know how to print it?
I read someplace that you have to solve it online.
ky-mike

Post by ky-mike »

Al Sisti wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:16 pm Does anyone know how to print it?
You can print out after solving. I didn't see a way to print the blank grid.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

You can use screen capture to copy & paste the grid.

20201204 Arkadum 12 days No1 grid.gif
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ.
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ENORMOUS ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ:
๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Yeah, it printed the grid, but I could only get the clues in pieces. I wouldn't mind doing that for one day, but 12? I dunno; I might...
Hector

Post by Hector »

The grids are so easy (NYT Monday if even that hard) that printing them out, solving on paper, and then transcribing to the app for submission just doesn't seem worth it.
ky-mike

Post by ky-mike »

Unless I missed one, I think that there were three clues (not in the grid or clues) along the way as to the final solution, but no way to go back to see them again once puzzle has been submitted. Puzzles all completed, but not sure where to go from here. I have a couple of days to look at this off and on, so something may pop up.
ky-mike

Post by ky-mike »

OK. Done.

Does that make me a Lord a Leaping?
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

ky-mike wrote: โ†‘Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:02 am Unless I missed one, I think that there were three clues (not in the grid or clues) along the way as to the final solution, but no way to go back to see them again once puzzle has been submitted. Puzzles all completed, but not sure where to go from here. I have a couple of days to look at this off and on, so something may pop up.
Yeah that's definitely an annoyance. Wish I could go back and see what they were...I only wrote down one and remember a 2nd.

Update: Submitted. It doesn't say if you're right or not, lol.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Submitted. I did write down the clues as I went along but the bonus hint made them mostly irrelevant. I'll put them here in a spoiler tag (although I don't think they're actually a spoiler or I wouldn't post them) if anyone's interested:

Discovering an 'alphabetical order' will tell you that you're on the right track.
The final answer is two words closely associated with the Christmas season.
There are two words you must find - each is correctly spelled with a capital letter.
The two words in the correct final answer are closely associated with each other.
The two words in the correct answer are a five-letter word and a seven-letter word.
Ignore the Christmas-related answers that you've filled in, like present, pine and Tiny Tim.

In retrospect it should be possible to figure out the answer from these hints and the completed puzzles, but I guess not for me! It didn't really go the way I was expecting.
Hector

Post by Hector »

The "meta" was kind of disappointing. I had hoped for a more involved end-game.
TomMoose

Post by TomMoose »

Would anyone be willing to share the solution?

Thanks
Hector

Post by Hector »

TomMoose wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:28 pm Would anyone be willing to share the solution?

Thanks
The letters in square 12 of the puzzles anagram to SANTA RUDOLPH. I was hoping the 10-letter answers to the capitalized clues would figure in the mechanism, but they don't.
TomMoose

Post by TomMoose »

Ah, I stared it right in its red-nosed face. Thanks Hector
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Hector wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:39 pm
TomMoose wrote: โ†‘Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:28 pm Would anyone be willing to share the solution?

Thanks
The letters in square 12 of the puzzles anagram to SANTA RUDOLPH. I was hoping the 10-letter answers to the capitalized clues would figure in the mechanism, but they don't.
You should see my attempt at cross referencing all the duplicated answers across the 12 puzzles...only to only need 12 letters, which they practically gave us...
Pauliscool19

Post by Pauliscool19 »

Does anybody still have the pdfs and answers as my laptop reset and I hadn't been able to solve the other half of the puzzles and the final meta.