Retirement

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

I feared that I'd be bored in retirement. And I'm NOT. Far from it, in fact. The days fly by.

Though note that I do work part-time, doing copywriting gigs for a couple of marketing and creative services firms. This amounts to, on average, maybe 25 hours per month. It's fun enough, and it gives me a reason to check my email every day. I'd like to keep doing this for two or three more years, maybe even five, while my wife is still wrapped up in her own part-time seasonal work and volunteer activities. Then I think we'll cut it all off and do the fully retired things, like more travel and visiting the kids and grandkids more than they'll want us to.
SReh26

Post by SReh26 »

According to Reddit, VTI and VTSAX Vanguard Admiral Fund are surefire investments. Can I get a reality check from wiser minds? Is this another millennial delusion?

Of the 4 million funds out there, why are these two so great besides being broad based low cost index funds?
Last edited by SReh26 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoover

Post by hoover »

I have VTSAX as a significant portion of my portfolio. The expense ratio is a paltry 0.04% and the value has more than doubled over the past 5 years. It's up over 20% YTD. What's not to like?
SReh26

Post by SReh26 »

hoover wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:16 pm I have VTSAX as a significant portion of my portfolio. The expense ratio is a paltry 0.04% and the value has more than doubled over the past 5 years. It's up over 20% YTD. What's not to like?
That’s great. Does it pay dividends?