Crossword Mysteries on TV

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
Annabelle

Crossword Mysteries on TV

Post by Annabelle »

Hallmark Movies and Mysteries is premiering number five in their movie series Crossword Mysteries this Sunday, April 11 at 8:00pm eastern. If you haven't seen any of these, newspaper crossword editor Tess Harper works with NYPD to solve crimes associated with her puzzles. Will Shortz is an executive producer for the series, and appears in cameos in at least the first three films!

The first movie involved a crossword Tess had made for a friend that included a marriage proposal to his girlfriend in the answers. Then the poor guy ended up dead. In the newest episode, Tess is invited to be on a TV game show, but the host is killed.

If you've got room on your DVR, Hallmark M&M is running a marathon of all five movies tomorrow, beginning at 12:00 noon, with the new episode at 8:00. Crank up the popcorn maker!
BethA

Post by BethA »

Annabelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:00 pm Hallmark Movies and Mysteries is premiering number five in their movie series Crossword Mysteries this Sunday, April 11 at 8:00pm eastern. If you haven't seen any of these, newspaper crossword editor Tess Harper works with NYPD to solve crimes associated with her puzzles. Will Shortz is an executive producer for the series, and appears in cameos in at least the first three films!

The first movie involved a crossword Tess had made for a friend that included a marriage proposal to his girlfriend in the answers. Then the poor guy ended up dead. In the newest episode, Tess is invited to be on a TV game show, but the host is killed.

If you've got room on your DVR, Hallmark M&M is running a marathon of all five movies tomorrow, beginning at 12:00 noon, with the new episode at 8:00. Crank up the popcorn maker!
Hadn’t heard about these before. Managed to record starting at 4pm - Abracadaver. Enjoyed it, so will watch some more. Thought there should be an actual crossword tie-in that we could do, to go along with it. I have big dreams!
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

And I told my husband.....no crossword tournament looks like that!
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

There actually are related puzzles on the HM M&M website. :)
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

This is more of an Easter egg than a cameo, but I did notice in one scene at the quiz show TV studio a poster on the wall promoting another show called Shortz on Sports