Crosswords not just a waste of thyme

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
31 Down

Crosswords not just a waste of thyme

Post by 31 Down »

but doesn't seem to help me...

Older adults who do this have the brain function of people a decade younger - complete article:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/older ... o_homepage

Probably all relative - makes the inevitable decline less steep, just like physical activity.
Thomas W (since there's already a Tom W)
Tom Shea

Post by Tom Shea »

From the article: "Of course, this doesn’t prove causality,..."

If group 'B' is a subset of group 'A' and group 'C' is a subset of group 'A', and they overlap substantially, it doesn't mean to be 'B' you must be 'C'. Or that being 'B' makes you 'C' or vice versa. I just got lost typing that.

I'd bet more on the fact that people that like to do puzzles have better brain function which is why they do puzzles (and presumably solve them more often than people in general). If puzzles are too difficult to solve for you, you stop doing them, because it's no fun.

Now everyone knows why I don't do the crypto puzzles, or whatever they're called by the evil people that create them.
Rufus T. Firefly
Meg

Post by Meg »

Tom Shea wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:37 pm From the article: "Of course, this doesn’t prove causality,..."

If group 'B' is a subset of group 'A' and group 'C' is a subset of group 'A', and they overlap substantially, it doesn't mean to be 'B' you must be 'C'. Or that being 'B' makes you 'C' or vice versa. I just got lost typing that.

I'd bet more on the fact that people that like to do puzzles have better brain function which is why they do puzzles (and presumably solve them more often than people in general). If puzzles are too difficult to solve for you, you stop doing them, because it's no fun.

Now everyone knows why I don't do the crypto puzzles, or whatever they're called by the evil people that create them.
Tom, I actually LOLed. Cryptics are not evil. They simply ask you to look for another meaning.....beyond the obvious. I ♥️ them, but of course, to each her own.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.