Orbisculate

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
whimsy

Orbisculate

Post by whimsy »

Read this in the Boston Globe this AM and thought I'd share with word-appreciative friends.
Loving this family and the whole enterprise. :)
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/12/02/ ... ant-it-be/
Attachments
Captureorbisculate.JPG
hilarykrieger

Post by hilarykrieger »

Hi whimsy! I just came across your post and wanted to thank you so much for supporting the campaign that my brother and I have started to get orbisculate into the dictionary -- and in lots of other places, like a crossword puzzle! If you have any tips for us on how to pursue a puzzle entry, please let us know. Beyond that, please keep spreading the word!!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Hilary -
Just PMed you and madhatter5 who has included ORBISCULATE in his latest puzzle. (MEOW #2)
I will keep spreading the word! -- I may have some luck with that from past experience -- It seems like half of the town where I most recently worked in child care now calls trash trucks "Howies" -- all because the Toddler class there more than 20 years ago called them that (based on the driver's name.) It spread to the rest of the school...then to the local public schools when they "graduated"...... Who knows what those flapping butterfly wings might accomplish! :)
hilarykrieger

Post by hilarykrieger »

Wow, that's fantastic!! I'll check out the PM right now. Also, totally going to start using the word "Howie" -- does the original Howie know how inspirational he was?
Inca

Post by Inca »

My favorite children's book: Frindle
hilarykrieger

Post by hilarykrieger »

I know, it's a great book! I read it when I mentioned the orbisculate project to a friend and she said it was worth reading -- very inspiring and also helpful!