# 15- “Three in One”

Published weekly by expert constructor Peter Gordon, the Fireball crossword is famous for being hard. How hard? Well, in the words of Peter Gordon, if you need to ask, too hard for you! It is not regularly a meta crossword, but does feature a contest or meta puzzle several times throughout the year. Available here for a subscription: http://www.fireballcrosswords.com
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

Tina wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:31 pm
MikeM000 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:14 am Submitted, thanks to a focusing nudge. Click "like" if the meta answer conjures up memories of one specific person who was well known for a few years in the not-that-distant past....
There's only one person you could possibly be talking about, Mike. You must be about my age and from New England.oilcanb.jpg
You got it. Not from New England but I engorged myself on all things baseball in the mid 80s. The Tigers and Red Sox were division rivals back then...Oil Can was definitely one of the interesting players of that era. Pleasantly surprised to see yesterday that he is still around; he could have easily become a casualty....

Also, I forgot all about 3-in-1 oil and thought the connection was to the beer cans (from which mr. Boyd got his nickname) but apparently the Fosters oil can is barely bigger than 2 normal 12 ounce cans...