Midi contest: Oh, that move changed everything

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
woozy

Midi contest: Oh, that move changed everything

Post by woozy »

For the CrossHare monthly midi contest for March on the theme of GAMES, which Cap'n Rick entered the amazingly fun, Get a Clue , I submit this entry

Oh, that move changed everything

The premise is that I had a perfectly good crossword puzzle and then black took her move and.... this is the puzzle as the result.

The answer to the meta is the name of the game we are playing
Last edited by woozy on Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

That was great! Well done, @woozy. I think you've stolen my vote from @Cap'n Rick!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

Great job, @woozy! I may also have to change my vote from @Cap'n Rick. :lol:
Ahoy! Check out my meta puzzles here! Check out "Smooth Sailing Sundays" here!
woozy

Post by woozy »

We get to vote on these things!?
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

woozy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:27 pm We get to vote on these things!?
Yes, go to the FAQs at the bottom of Crosshare.org for more info.

Crosshare FAQ.jpg
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

benchen71 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:04 am That was great! Well done, @woozy. I think you've stolen my vote from @Cap'n Rick!
You're allowed to vote for more than one.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

BarbaraK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:15 pm
benchen71 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:04 am That was great! Well done, @woozy. I think you've stolen my vote from @Cap'n Rick!
You're allowed to vote for more than one.
Yes, I know. ;-)
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
woozy

Post by woozy »

OOOG. Just realized I made a bad typo on this thread title... *sheeesh*
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

woozy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:35 pm OOOG. Just realized I made a bad typo on this thread title... *sheeesh*
Edit the first post. You can change the subject there.
woozy

Post by woozy »

benchen71 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:46 pm
woozy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:35 pm OOOG. Just realized I made a bad typo on this thread title... *sheeesh*
Edit the first post. You can change the subject there.
I can?

Well, that's neat! I tried seeing if there were ways to edit the thread itself but....

Anyhoo.... speaking of the Midi Contest. Did you guys try Nick's Make your move? That may get one of my votes.
hoover

Post by hoover »

Oh how fun! Now that I know there's a contest, I'm going to have to try them all.
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

hoover wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:47 am Oh how fun! Now that I know there's a contest, I'm going to have to try them all.
I think you'll enjoy it, @hoover. There are some very talented constructors over in the Crosshare world.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

And congratulations to the winner, @Cap'n Rick! Well done!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
woozy

Post by woozy »

So... Are you going to let us know the theme early?
Cap'n Rick

Post by Cap'n Rick »

woozy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:20 pm So... Are you going to let us know the theme early?
With "The Masters" coming up this week, the theme for the next midi contest is "GOLF"!

Here's my "entry" with a title I "borrowed" from last week's WSJ contest - "A Matter of Course". :D

Good luck, @woozy and anyone else who enters!
woozy

Post by woozy »

Cool! Fun puzzle.

This was going to be my entry but I temporarily forgot a midi is 11 x 11 and not 7 x 7. Par for the course