Goodbye/Thank You Thread - Pandora's Blocks

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
Abide

Goodbye/Thank You Thread - Pandora's Blocks

Post by Abide »

Per Will's email this morning, last week's Pandora was the end of Season 6. (EDIT: I've confirmed through Emma that the final puzzles will be released, but there is no current schedule for those).

If you've enjoyed Pandora's Blocks metas over the years, this is a chance to express that and wish Will well in his future endeavors.

Next week the SSS will resume under new branding and editor (@Cap'n Rick)

Thanks Will, for all you've done, including the CCCC project. We look forward to seeing more of you in the future.

For those in need of a Sunday meta fix, see Evan Birnholz's WaPo puzzle today
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
hashbrown

Post by hashbrown »

Maybe I'm reading Will's email wrong, but it's sounds like he's just postponing the final two puzzles?

Regardless, thank you Will for all the fun puzzling! It's been really great to see Pandora's Blocks grow and evolve, and also really enjoyed listening to the podcast to learn more about the process behind it.
-HB
boharr

Post by boharr »

Will, thanks so much for everything and good luck going forward.
Cheers,
Bob
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

I read it that it's a postponement as well.

Cheers to Will and we'll miss you! Pop in from time to time and let us know how you're doing!
Heidi
Abide

Post by Abide »

Some may not know that Will was the driving force behind working with @miked to add the submission box on Crosshare, a great feature which allows instant verification.
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
schmidzy

Post by schmidzy »

Cheers, Will, for many terrific puzzles over the years. Your work has had such an impact on my own crosswording journey, and I know many others here would say the same. I wouldn't even be a part of this community that brings me joy quite literally every day, if it weren't for Pandora's Blocks. Much gratitude for your contributions, and wishing you all the best going forward.
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

Thank you, Will! You've made me a better constructor and solver. Best wishes in all that comes next for you, and I hope your podcast and puzzles can continue in some form, even if not on a regular schedule.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Will:

Thank you for your friendship on these pages & the Tuesday night zoom sessions. Speaking on behalf of everyone, we hope these continue as often as your workload allows. Your approach to life & puzzles helped form the friendly, all-are-welcome nature of this site.

Thank you, too, for your creative efforts.

I hope your podcasts with Emma, @damefox, may continue if you've the time. I never miss them & enjoy the intelligent, witty, & fun you two share with metadom.

Best luck in finishing your degree(s)!
pchow13

Post by pchow13 »

Will -

Thank you for all your fun puzzles! I enjoy listening to you and Emma talk about puzzles on your podcast. I'm so sad I just got addicted to metas with season 6's "Do you hear what I hear?" as the first pandora puzzle I remember doing on a regular schedule. This just means I have 5 previous seasons of awesome puzzles to work my way through.

Good luck with all your future endeavors - I know you'll rock wherever you end up. Your skills as a clever and creative crossword constructor/programmer will take you far... I can't program for life wish I knew how.

-Phil
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Will--Thank you for all the enjoyment you have brought us. I wish you good luck in your career and hope you will continue to drop by and possibly even turn out another puzzle if time permits. Stay well my friend!
KayW

Post by KayW »

Will - I can't say it any better than this ^^. Thanks so much for everything and all the best to you in the future.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
ReB

Post by ReB »

I too have appreciated greatly your devotion and labors in constructing these puzzles. Hope you finish your academic program on a strong note. Thanks for many enjoyable Sundays..
MMe

Post by MMe »

Thank you and pfarewell!
Tom Shea

Post by Tom Shea »

Many thanks and cheers to you.
Rufus T. Firefly
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Ditto all the above! I'm so glad you found this community and that we found you. Your puzzles have been great fun, and your spirit of sharing and teaching are great blessings to all of us. I'm sure that whenever (when, not if:) you do decide to make more puzzles, you will have no problem finding venues for them, and I'm looking forward to solving them.

Best of luck in all your endeavors!
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Will, your puzzles were simply incredible, and your friendship was something I truly cherish. Thank you so much for all of the joy you've brought so many people on this forum, and I'm thankful to count you a companion. The best, now and always, in all you do, and much love and peace (and puzzling!) your way!

Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 91. You'll Turn It Around
ajk

Post by ajk »

Will --
Even as a relative latecomer to the Pandora's Blocks puzzles, I've gotten loads of enjoyment out of them. They have also inspired me to be a better constructor myself. Many thanks for all you've done, and hopefully we will continue to see you from time to time in the future.
cheers,
Alan
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Thank you so much for sharing your puzzles, and best of luck to you!

Laura
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

I always enjoy your metas, Will. Hopefully, the ideas will start to flow again at some point and life get to stage of giving you enough time to bring them to fruition! :D
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
SamKat9

Post by SamKat9 »

Thank you, Will! Ive really enjoyed the puzzles of yours that I've completed, and thank you again for sharing. Best of luck!
Shannon 🐱
PS: If you want help with a meta, PM what you have so I can help without spoiling too much. I've received lots of help in the beginning and I love to pay it forward!