"Location Finder" - January 17, 2020

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Tina

Post by Tina »

On shore! Like many others, I didn't find the answer in the first location I looked at. I found it in maybe the third or fourth.
MarkL

Post by MarkL »

Grid done and close but no cigar on the meta... need to work this some more and stop by with Issac for a bit.
'tis... A lovely day for a Guinness!
LesY

Post by LesY »

Ashore. Agree with the comments about enjoyability plus step-up in difficulty.

Thankful to have this out of the way before MGWCC tomorrow!
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Ashore. I was doing the puzzle while watching the UCONN women struggle but win (seems like the norm lately) and solved the meta as soon as I turned off the TV after the game.
MaineMarge

Post by MaineMarge »

If anyone is trying to locate me, I’m not under a beach umbrella by a long shot. You’ll find me among the crowd with Isaac, perhaps for the duration. 🙋‍♀️
EdStrong

Post by EdStrong »

I’ve located the shore. Wow - my arms need a rest!
BethA

Post by BethA »

On the beach! 🏖 🍹

Enjoyed it!
TMart

Post by TMart »

On shore. Wow - either these are getting harder, or I'm getting dumber. I think Matt mixed up his week three for tomorrow with today's WSJ puzzle - that wasn't too easy. But a nice brain stretch.
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

I’m stuck on what seems to me to be a weird dupe in the
fill, not to give any spoilers. (If this is a spoiler please delete it.)
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

I don't have one in my grid and am 100% on the grid, so you might have something that needs another look.

I'm still with Isaac, for at least a 5 count. HEHE
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
billkatz

Post by billkatz »

I finished the grid, but I'm still on the ship. I see a lighthouse, but don't know how to get there yet.
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

I think I see a pattern, and that usually leads to the light coming on, but not this evening. This has to work, I just don't have the right perspective I guess. I muddle through but I am not confident. You see I thought that last weeks was rather challenging while everyone else thought it was a cakewalk. This wee with al saying how difficult it is I am almost certain to wrack my brain in vain.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
jenirvin

Post by jenirvin »

Count me on the ship, and set me up with something warm, Isaac. Maybe Irish coffee will jog the brain. Grid done, noodling around with the meta, as time permits.
~ Jennifer/jenirvin
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

Well, there goes a perfectly good weekend.
Jay
KayW

Post by KayW »

I find myself located on shore!

Finished the grid yesterday and saw nothing, but the fog lifted this morning. I agree - this puzzle is harder than the last few, but still very enjoyable.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
ky-mike

Post by ky-mike »

While the answer was not what I guessed it would be, I am confident that I am firmly on shore with the correct answer.
anjhinz

Post by anjhinz »

Got it, luckily only after 2 or 3 rabbit holes
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I'm happy to be joining this lovely metaphorical beach party. Especially since in the real world, I'm back home in winter after two weeks at beautiful beaches in the Dominican Republic.

Mike and Matt were nice to me, having easier puzzles both here and MGWCC the past two weeks, since I was solving on my phone and since it was just so peaceful and relaxing, I'm not sure how much I could have cared about a hard one.

And this week was enough harder to be a nice intro back to reality. Hope MGWCC week 3 will also hit that sweet spot.
juliet

Post by juliet »

It's been a while, so I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with Isaac and all the muggles in the bar.
Beth Tyrpin

Post by Beth Tyrpin »

🏝😎🍹🥨