Two woozy ones: Considering every factor (a legitimate meta) ... and .... I lead you to the answer (you were warned)

Discuss meta crosswords from sources other than those listed above.
woozy

Two woozy ones: Considering every factor (a legitimate meta) ... and .... I lead you to the answer (you were warned)

Post by woozy »

So... I have two meta.

First one is legitimate and a fairly decent straight forward one:
ives.jpg
Considering every factor

The answer to the meta is a type of question that considers every factor

This one should be fun. Although I probably made it too easy to guess. It was hard to clue the metanisms so that they weren't just spelled out or ridiculously hidden.

(The image is the score to Charles Ives "The unanswered question")

ARGGHHHH! A very severe error. Maybe fixable. Maybe not.

Oh, well. Just have a laugh at this other one I made which was me carrying a joke too far.

And this one......
croc2.jpeg
I lead you to the answer

The meta is something you shouldn't feed a crocodile

I warned you I'd do this!

But don't worry. Just have fun and don't take it seriously.

I warned you I'd do this!
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
woozy

Post by woozy »

Okay.... the first one Considering Every Factor has been redone.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
schmidzy

Post by schmidzy »

Got the second one, still stumped on the first! I see some things but can't quite put them together yet...
hoover

Post by hoover »

Got Considering; still working on I lead.

I swear I have solved the grid for Considering once already, and very recently, but I can't find it on my hard drive where I usually solve. Maybe I solved on Crosshare under its previous incarnation?

Edit: I found the older one in my browser history!
KayW

Post by KayW »

:crossed_swords: :rabbit: Got "I lead you to the answer" a while ago - nice one. Finally got "Considering every factor" - and it was well worth the wait. Thanks for both!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
hoover

Post by hoover »

I see a couple of things in "I lead..." but they're not leading anywhere.