A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 278
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 pm
- Location: Connecticut
Our regular constructors get a break this week as the meta is constructed by Patrick Berry - always a treat!
The answer to the contest is a six-letter word.
Enjoy and good luck!
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:24 pm
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 pm
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
On shore! Tried a couple routes before finding the right mechanism.
Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm
- Location: Unionville, PA
Very good puzzle! My 1st hunch was correct!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
- Posts: 307
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:46 am
- Location: Cincinnati
Solved. On shore. Ashore.
EDIT: I'll have something 40D, please. Warsteiner Dunkel will do me just fine.
Last edited by Joe Ross
on Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 346
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:15 pm
- Location: San Francisco
Awesome construction, but didn't offer up much resistance.
- Posts: 258
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
Safely home. Guinness me please?
- Posts: 257
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:49 am
On shore! Enjoyable grid and nice construction.
- Posts: 120
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:18 pm
I’m also on shore. Nice meta.
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm
Ashore! Pretty straightforward.
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:43 pm
- Posts: 215
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 pm
Well that was fun! Onshore!
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:07 pm
- Location: South Williamsport, PA
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm
- Location: Loveland, Colorado
Ashore. Wish I could get my MGWCC streak to be as lengthy as WSJ. Heck I'd settle for 2 in a row at this point.
Chaddog on MGWCC leaderboard
Matt in real life
- Posts: 96
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:37 am
- Location: Freedonia, NH/VT/HI/Sydney/Earth
Patrick Berry is always entertaining. He has invented so many great new puzzle types. I am addicted to Row's Gardens.
On shore. It is already Friday for me, but too early for a cocktail. I'll settle for coffee for now.
Rufus T. Firefly
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:25 pm
- Location: Menlo Park, CA
- Posts: 171
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:10 am
- Location: Chicago
Yay! Onshore early two weeks in a row - thanks to Joe Ross posting his excel template so quickly.
Maybe another record-breaking week?
- Posts: 75
- Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 2:19 am
- Location: Bellevue, WA
On shore. It's similar to other metas despite having a different creator. I'm 100% sure this time.