MGWCC #818 — "One More Time"

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
woozy

Post by woozy »

It never occurred to me being offered a downs-only implied it could be solved. I always saw it as... hey, if you want to try, knock yourself out. It's a free country.

Maybe he should offer downs-only for weeks 5s as well.

Okay... hypothetically. You do the downs only and see the themers are examples of things with multiple members. You take the title "One more time" and figure the across clues are lists and you are to add one more item to them. You go through all and ... well, you need a telepathic quantum processor at this point.... If you have the prompt maybe you know it is something to shout but I'd be more inclined to think LIST (Lavar, Iowa, Sade, Tracy) if I had no prompt.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
HunterX

Post by HunterX »

I spent way too much time trying to back-solve my immediate gut-answer: Encore. Sure, sure, it's not always shouted, but it often is. And it's a way of asking "One more time!"