"Cold Opens" -- Jan. 21, 2024

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
Anita

Post by Anita »

Dino me!!
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Dino me! Given this one was classed as "easy" I was starting to get worried. :O
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock:
Joe

Post by Joe »

I can't find the easy.
Happy to give nudges. If you notice I've solved, please tell me about avenues you've explored so I can nudge you in the right direction and not off a cliff.
Eric Porter

Post by Eric Porter »

I sometimes struggle on the "easy" ones. This puzzle is one of them. I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing.
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

I seem to be getting colder the longer I work at this one. Maybe I will work on Mikey's puzzle again, where I also am not finding the solution to an "easy" one.

EDIT: I took a nap to recover from our weekend at the waterpark. The answer appeared to me as I slept.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
woozy

Post by woozy »

Eric Porter wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:08 pm I sometimes struggle on the "easy" ones. This puzzle is one of them. I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing.
This is one of those "Hey, they say I'm supposed to be able to use this bowl to get a free bowl of soup, but I can't put anything in the bowl because for some reason it's full of vegetables and stock. When I finally cleaned it out (which was a lot of work for no good reason I can see) there weren't any instructions on where to get the free soup" type puzzle.

I assure you, you almost certainly *did* try the the thing you were supposed to do.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
Streroto

Post by Streroto »

Dino me. Quick and fun.

Stay well all
ajk

Post by ajk »

Me: ok, I'm not supposed to overthink it. Also me: <overthinks> :lol:
Eventually scaled back to the correct level. Fun one, thanks.
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Managed to finally find that easier path, and so mad at myself for not seeing it earlier. I did though!

Will, thanks for a simpler puzzle that I managed to make difficult.

TB
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
hoover

Post by hoover »

Ohhhhhhhhh... Dino me! Thanks to @woozy's comment, I figured out where I needed to be.
I live in a warm climate where we don't really have seasons, so I see these every week throughout the year.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Hahaha UNBELIEVABLE how long it took me to see this! Dino me.
Happy to give nudges. If you notice I've solved, please tell me about avenues you've explored so I can nudge you in the right direction and not off a cliff.