Crosshare

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
damefox

Crosshare

Post by damefox »

For any Crosshare users out there (and I know there are a lot on this forum), Mike Dirolf (creator of Crosshare) put the following in his weekly email today:
Crosshare will be entering its fifth (!) year this spring, and it has survived and thrived as a free and open source community thanks to our generous donors. While donations have usually been enough to keep the lights on without me stepping in, this December I've decided to run a donation campaign to try to get the community on slightly firmer financial footing. Starting tomorrow you'll see a banner on the top of the homepage asking for your help. The goal for the month is to get $100/month in new recurring donations - that should help to plan for costs in the year ahead. Click here for information on how to donate: https://crosshare.org/donate

I'll keep everyone posted on our progress towards that goal in the weekly emails this month. Thank you in advance for your support, and happy solving! - Mike
Crosshare is a really great website -- ad free! good solving interface! good construction interface! good wordlists! easy to use! -- that a lot of meta puzzles on this forum use, and Mike is doing like 99.99% of the work of running it by himself. Websites are not free to run, so if you are a fan please consider donating and helping him (and by extension, everyone who uses Crosshare) out.