"Perfect Content" by Cap'n Rick and Wendy

A weekly meta crossword created by members of the forum. Difficulty levels will vary. Hints are usually available starting Wednesday, and solutions are posted on Sunday.
Wendy Walker

"Perfect Content" by Cap'n Rick and Wendy

Post by Wendy Walker »

Back in August, Wendy came up with what she thought was a cool idea for a meta but, being a neophyte constructor, couldn't figure out how best to put it into action. In a happy coincidence, Cap'n Rick had had the very same idea. They joined forces, and the "Perfect Content" puzzle you see before you is the result.

Thank you to @MarkWoychick and @boharr for test-solving, Peter @Abide for his suggestions, and @Joe Ross for formatting.

Wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving -- as always, I am full of gratitude for this unique community.

Perfect Content:
crosshare
PUZ
PDF
spreadsheet

Last edited by Wendy Walker on Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

Joining in your thanks for the Muggle community! And for fellow muggles who create the puzzles to entertain us all!
Cynthia
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

What a clever and fun puzzle!

I’m off the couch.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
hoover

Post by hoover »

OTC!
docison

Post by docison »

Nice one, guys! Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Bird Lives

Post by Bird Lives »

OTC, and for some reason "Stairway to Heaven." Must have been from browsing the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest for the SSS>
Jay
Hidden in 3D

Post by Hidden in 3D »

OTC. What a great meta! Thanks, Wendy and Rick! Perfect way to start off a busy day of baking. Apple crumb pie is on today's list. (Two pecan pies are already in the fridge.) Have a lovely Thanksgiving everyone!
Sara
boharr

Post by boharr »

Hidden in 3D wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:08 am Perfect way to start off a busy day of baking. Apple crumb pie is on today's list. (Two pecan pies are already in the fridge.) Have a lovely Thanksgiving everyone!
Wait. Pies! Plural? Happy Thanksgiving.
Meg

Post by Meg »

Thanks you guys! Great title, too.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

OTC!

As does 49a, this puzzle rocks!

BTW, if anyone is interested to learn about a fun, free Hitchcock movie- watching Zoom group, email me at chris.kochmanski@gmail.com and I can get you added to the invitation list. There’s no obligation to attend from week to week — only when the mood or the movie strikes you. Tuesday nights at 7 pm. Marc Strauss, the host, briefly introduces the movie. (He’s a retired professor who has written several books on Hitchcock.) Afterward there’s discussion, but no one needs to chime in; many regulars are shy types. Usually about 40, sometimes up to 60, show up. So you can hide in the crowd if you prefer. We’re currently repeating all of the movies in order, and we’re still early in the Hitchcock line-up. Tomorrow night is “Secret Agent” from 1936. Too bad you missed last week: “The 39 Steps” (1935), one of the tippy tippy top of the best of Hitchcock — so entertaining even at nearly 90 years of age!
CPJohnson

Post by CPJohnson »

Off the couch! Thanks, Wendy and Cap'n Rick!
Cynthia
MatthewL

Post by MatthewL »

Off the couch. Thanks for the Monday fun, you two!
Matthew
cbarbee002

Post by cbarbee002 »

OTC - - good fun to start the week!
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

Perfect puzzle!
Cinny

Post by Cinny »

OTC -- Thanks, Wendy and Cap'n Rick!
Cindy Heisler
DelanQ

Post by DelanQ »

Off the couch! What a fun one!
woozy

Post by woozy »

OTC (Oh, Terrific Content). Fun one. A brief second of blank "wha..." that lasted only a second and then an "oh, I see... but the work..." and then a quick stretch and we find ourselves off the couch.
Funny story. I was all set to enter Par for the course for the CrossHare midi contest for April but I mistakenly thought midi meant 7x 7 and not 11 x 11. Oops. Well.... Here's a complex but **small** meta on the subject of golf.
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

OTC! Fun one!
Heidi
HeadinHome

Post by HeadinHome »

OTC, and thanks for the couch time which I could stand a little more of, for a big ole Monday nap. Alas, work to do…

GRATEFUL for all you constructors and friends!!
The other Wendy. :roll:
Eric Porter

Post by Eric Porter »

OTC. Thanks Wendy!

I found it funny that I do 41A (compete in a regatta) and my former club's initials were 45A, right below it. Somehow I saw this one pretty quickly, before even seeing the hint.