Outside the Blocks: A Puzzle Podcast

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
damefox

Post by damefox »

New episode today! A little shorter than our regular episodes since we didn't have a chance to do a full recording, but hopefully still enjoyable!
damefox

Post by damefox »

New episode today! A bit longer than usual, but the last episode was only 15 minutes so it balances out. Please send us any of your favorite metas of the year that we forgot to mention!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

damefox wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:26 am New episode today! A little shorter than our regular episodes since we didn't have a chance to do a full recording, but hopefully still enjoyable!
SPOILER: Played along & got 4 or 6 entries before announce FUN
damefox

Post by damefox »

@docison came and chatted with us on today's podcast episode! Available here or wherever you get your podcasts. Discussion on the 2023 MMMM begins ~9 min in, but before we go to that we had to have Adam give us a crash-course in speed solving. :D Thanks again to Adam for talking with us!

Also, I forgot to post about this, but we've already had an episode on the first two PBWMC puzzles of season 6! So check out last week's episode too if you haven't already!
damefox

Post by damefox »

Another episode on Pandora's Blocks puzzles out today!
damefox

Post by damefox »

New episode out today! The working title for this episode was "How PBWMC exists despite the best efforts of Crossfire" but the story that would've made that title make sense had to be cut for time. If you listen to the episode though and wonder why I say "oh here we go again" when Will brings up Crossfire at the end, it's because we had previously talked about how Crossfire did its level best to prevent "Outside In, Inside Out" from ever existing. Fortunately it failed!

Speaking of "Outside In, Inside Out," if anyone knows of a meta puzzle larger than 24x25 that exists out there in the world, we'd love to hear about it!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Stick around for the discussion of the opening of the bag of pretzels... Or is it the microwave background noise of the Big Bang?
damefox

Post by damefox »

damefox

Post by damefox »

New episode today, our final one on Pandora's Blocks puzzles! https://outsidetheblocks.buzzsprout.com ... -into-line

Outside the Blocks will return - the plan is to keep the podcast going even though PBWMC is over. There are many other meta puzzles out there to talk about!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Listening, now. I am shedding a lot of work I do on others' metas. When complete, I plan on working my way through all of your puzzles, Will. I've not had the time, previously.

Just LOLed at Emma's early emails to Will pointing out all of his mistakes & not quite up to snuff parts of his puzzles.
😆
damefox

Post by damefox »

We talked with Mike Dirolf, creator of Crosshare, on today's episode: https://outsidetheblocks.buzzsprout.com ... -crosshare. We first talked to him back in episode 5, which astoundingly was more than a year ago, and a lot's been going on at Crosshare since then!