37. Endgames

Puzzles! Puns! The occasional crosswordese! Solve a new meta at the end of each of month at https://punofakind.blogspot.com/
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

oldjudge wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:33 pm Do I get to pick the color for my new Lamborghini or have you already purchased the car? ๐Ÿ˜‰
It's in the mail. :lol:
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 93. Person of Letters
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

MikeyG wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:01 pm Image

The answer to our final meta, a nod to the final puzzle of the summer (but not of the Land of Metas) was SHOW'S OVER: Nine of the clues ended with titles of game shows (hence "Endgames"), and the final letters to each of those entries spell the meta answer. I think the one that stumped the majority was Card Sharks, and Jim Perry did all he could with a game that basically had to do with just predicting if cards were higher or lower. ([overly excited]"Oh, no, it's a queen, it's not lower!"[/excited])

We had about 25 entrants for the final meta of Summer of Solves, and I'll humbly declare it a success! I tabulated the final leaderboard, and we had 112 unique solvers submit at least one correct entry!

Here is the final Leaderboard of Destiny as it stands!

A special shout-out to our top ten, six of whom cracked all 15 conundrums!

@oldjudge
@FrankieHeck
@boharr
@LesY
@benchen71
@Meg
@DJB
@whimsy
@Hector
@KayW

The laurels go to our first-place winner of @oldjudge - and maybe the first-place baseball winner will go to his Yankees. We will see!

Another mini-meta this Saturday, and we are back to standard every other week-ish joy. Thanks to all of the solvers, and thanks to all of the contributions to all of you who make this Muggles board a happier, brighter place!

Until next time, happy solving!

Mikey G
Did I miss the mini today?
MikeyG

Post by MikeyG »

Cindy wrote: โ†‘Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:02 pm
MikeyG wrote: โ†‘Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:01 pm Image

The answer to our final meta, a nod to the final puzzle of the summer (but not of the Land of Metas) was SHOW'S OVER: Nine of the clues ended with titles of game shows (hence "Endgames"), and the final letters to each of those entries spell the meta answer. I think the one that stumped the majority was Card Sharks, and Jim Perry did all he could with a game that basically had to do with just predicting if cards were higher or lower. ([overly excited]"Oh, no, it's a queen, it's not lower!"[/excited])

We had about 25 entrants for the final meta of Summer of Solves, and I'll humbly declare it a success! I tabulated the final leaderboard, and we had 112 unique solvers submit at least one correct entry!

Here is the final Leaderboard of Destiny as it stands!

A special shout-out to our top ten, six of whom cracked all 15 conundrums!

@oldjudge
@FrankieHeck
@boharr
@LesY
@benchen71
@Meg
@DJB
@whimsy
@Hector
@KayW

The laurels go to our first-place winner of @oldjudge - and maybe the first-place baseball winner will go to his Yankees. We will see!

Another mini-meta this Saturday, and we are back to standard every other week-ish joy. Thanks to all of the solvers, and thanks to all of the contributions to all of you who make this Muggles board a happier, brighter place!

Until next time, happy solving!

Mikey G
Did I miss the mini today?
Taking a bit longer than I'd hope! I usually try for this Saturday (not set in stone like the "maxi"), but it'll probably have to be Monday!
Less cross words, more crosswords.

Solve my latest "Pun of a Kind" Meta!: 93. Person of Letters