Syllacrostic

Puzzles created by members of Xword-Muggles.com. Here you can post links to puzzles of any kind that you created - crosswords (meta or non-meta), cryptic, variety, word search, number puzzles, riddles, brainteasers and anything else.
whimsy

Syllacrostic

Post by whimsy »

Hi All --

Busy weekend as I was involved in a Great Books event the last several days. Feeling now as though I've caught up with puzzles -- except for MOAT and MEOW, but maybe it was just as well that I couldn't spend much time on them; helped keep my frustration level down! :P

Anyhow, one of my contributions to the Great Books weekend the last few years has been to create a syllacrostic related to the discussion theme. I thought that rather than have the puzzle sit clogging up my files until I get around to deleting it years from now, I could toss it out here in case anyone's desperate for a puzzle... any kind of puzzle!

The premise for this type of puzzle is to insert a syllable from the list found at the top of the page into the entry spaces clued by the definitions. Each syllable should end up being used once. The dashes represent the length of the word, one space for each letter, and the numbers in parentheses (music to our ears!) indicate how many syllables are in the word. At the end of the solve, you'll find a phrase and the author's name by taking the first letter of each entry as you read down, and then the last letter of each entry reading down. You can of course, also do that toggling back and forth that helps to solve acrostics too.This weekend's theme was Immigration.

Sorry but there's no way to do this online and it has to be printed out. Also, pretty straightforward and less "whimsical" than some of my meta puzzles. Was constructing for a different crowd!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kqe ... ue&sd=true

Enjoy, if you go for it --
whimsy/Claudia
PS -- PM me if you would like the final answer, or if an entry or two boggles you, etc....
benchen71

Post by benchen71 »

Solved. Thanks for sharing, Claudia. That was fun and educational!
Check out "The MOAT MEOW Mashup Pack" here. US$10 for 14 metas that don't always abide by the "rules" of the game: asymmetry, 2-letter words, uncrossed letters, who knows. And this time there's a mega-meta! :shock: