Fireball - Themeless 131 (spoilers)

A place to discuss regular (non-meta) crossword puzzles.
BarbaraK

Fireball - Themeless 131 (spoilers)

Post by BarbaraK »

I loved 64a: Places with digital files
Really had me going with clouds and drives and all.
But no, the answer was NAIL SALONS

With 49D: Copenhagen amusement park
I was grumbling to my husband about what a ridiculous clue, how could anyone be expected to know that. And he immediately said Tivoli Gardens, of course. He can be pretty handy to have around ❤️
GlennG

Post by GlennG »

They are fun to solve once you get the ability to do it. Or the ability to guess at stuff really really well.

For those that really want spoilered, I've been playing with taping crossword puzzles. Here's this one: https://youtu.be/QIAcDdeDtt0
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Nice! I found myself watching it like I watch Wheel of Fortune on TV - calling out letters to help🙂
GlennG

Post by GlennG »

BarbaraK wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:50 am Nice! I found myself watching it like I watch Wheel of Fortune on TV - calling out letters to help🙂
Sounds like you enjoyed it. Just mainly been taping this week. The main reason I wanted to figure it out though is put some Beginner Crossword Help stuff up. I'll do that next since I got most of a week taped - there's a whole lot more there than just the Fireball. I'm about to upload the Sat WSJ, and then probably will do a week of LAT stuff (since I saved this week's for the Help stuff). I don't know what exactly people would be interested in seeing (and kind of awkward on what to say when I'm just solving), but can definitely keep going on whatever people are interested in seeing. I'm not a threat to win any contests, but I figure that might be good for a "rest of us" kind of feeling...