YourPalSal's Muggle Meetup - Zoom Tuesday Evenings

This is a place to learn about the Muggles community and some of the terminology we use. It also contains suggested strategies for solving meta crosswords, as well as a repository of all past WSJ crossword contests and solutions.
BrianMac
Site Admin

YourPalSal's Muggle Meetup - Zoom Tuesday Evenings

Post by BrianMac »

YourPalSal began hosting Muggle Zoom meetings a few weeks ago, and they are a blast. We've been getting around 20 participants a week, and generally discuss the crossword puzzles of the week, quickly digressing into any number of other interesting topics. Whether you are a veteran Muggle or new to the site, it's a great way to meet lots of other members and put names and voices to avatars. The call occurs Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. Eastern (4:30 p.m. Pacific) and lasts about an hour and a quarter. The Zoom link information is below:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83057010873?p ... gwZWJ3QT09

If you need a password, it's 707028.

Hope to see you there!
Meg

Post by Meg »

For those who are thinking about Zooming, you don’t have to stay for the whole thing! Come late. Come anytime! Leave when you want.
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

I did both and it was fun.
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
burak

Post by burak »

Nice idea! I usually come home around the time these meetings are scheduled to be over but I'll try to catch one of them at least.
spotter

Post by spotter »

I'm glad I finally made it onto one of these! Sorry I had to leave early and missed some introductions. Hopefully I'll be back on next week! What a fun group!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

spotter wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:06 pm I'm glad I finally made it onto one of these! Sorry I had to leave early and missed some introductions. Hopefully I'll be back on next week! What a fun group!
Nice meeting you... I recognized you from your avatar.
Meg

Post by Meg »

My internet connection was unusually crappy tonight. Was it just me or did others experience chronic freezing?
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Hector

Post by Hector »

I popped in, was psyched to see folks, but am on a deadline today.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

Hector wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:22 pm I popped in, was psyched to see folks, but am on a deadline today.
Aw man. Come back sometime! I got there late because we were eating dinner. But that's my new plan now, because after the call, my husband had everything put away, the dishes washed, and the kitchen spotless. That doesn't happen when I'm in charge!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

FrankieHeck wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:26 pm
Hector wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:22 pm I popped in, was psyched to see folks, but am on a deadline today.
Aw man. Come back sometime! I got there late because we were eating dinner. But that's my new plan now, because after the call, my husband had everything put away, the dishes washed, and the kitchen spotless. That doesn't happen when I'm in charge!
And for those of you who weren't there tonight, FrankieHeck flipped me off. Probably deserved it, but still...
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

Al Sisti wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:37 pm
And for those of you who weren't there tonight, FrankieHeck flipped me off. Probably deserved it, but still...
Screenshot or it didn't happen!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

FrankieHeck wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:46 pm
Al Sisti wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:37 pm

Screenshot or it didn't happen!
It happened.

🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈
🙈🙈🙈🖕🏻🙈
⬜🙈🙈🙈⬜
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘀 ENORMOUS 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲:
𝟰𝟬% 𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰,
𝟯𝟬% 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰,
𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 & 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮. 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗘!
KayW

Post by KayW »

Thank you all for another enjoyable zoom get-together.

And thank you Wendy in particular for "talking up" the IRS stimulus payments. I had been waiting for mine, but that "Get my payment" site just kept telling me "You are eligible for payment. Once we have your payment date we will update this page."

I checked my accounts this morning, and just last night received the direct deposit. Coincidence? I think not - it was Wendy's mojo.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

BrianMac wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:33 pm YourPalSal began hosting Muggle Zoom meetings a few weeks ago, and they are a blast. We've been getting around 20 participants a week, and generally discuss the crossword puzzles of the week, quickly digressing into any number of other interesting topics. Whether you are a veteran Muggle or new to the site, it's a great way to meet lots of other members and put names and voices to avatars. The call occurs Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. Eastern (4:30 p.m. Pacific) and lasts about an hour and a quarter. The Zoom link information is below:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89184367093

Hope to see you there!
this is for Sal or anyone else who knows Zoom. Last week we started without Sal and he joined in the middle. However when he left, Zoom ended the call. Next week if Sal never calls in, does that mean that it only ends when we all sign out?
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
AnswerPfinder

Post by AnswerPfinder »

Sept. 29th link:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82668072149?p ... FNZ21WZz09
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
damefox

Post by damefox »

AnswerPfinder wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:44 pm Sept. 29th link:

Will this link does not work. :(
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

damefox wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:56 pm
AnswerPfinder wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:44 pm Sept. 29th link:

Will this link does not work. :(
What happened was that there was no one who could be the host for Sal's Zoom link so I used my free zoom account to open a different meeting. I posted the link on the You''re Surrounded topic. With the free account you can only have a meeting of 45 minutes so about 15 or so of us met until 8:30
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
Prozach

Post by Prozach »

you guys can come aboard my room - no time limit

https://osu.zoom.us/my/tzachi.zach?pwd= ... FMeXo4UT09
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

KayW & I are in Prozach's room!
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘀 ENORMOUS 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲:
𝟰𝟬% 𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰,
𝟯𝟬% 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰,
𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 & 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮. 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗘!
ImOnToo

Post by ImOnToo »

Prozach wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:32 pm you guys can come aboard my room - no time limit

https://osu.zoom.us/my/tzachi.zach?pwd= ... FMeXo4UT09
Thanks! Was fun to meet everyone tonight.
Konnie