"Where's The Rest?" - September 11, 2020

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
ADS

Post by ADS »

Been doing the Friday contest since quarantine began, and currently on a nice streak, so I figured it was about time I joined this forum. Anyway, I am ashore and I liked this one a lot.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

ImOnToo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:50 am I’m on to something that is too good to be a mere coincidence. I just can’t seem to tie a neat little bow around it.
Same here. An obvious first direction to go, and then it quickly grows cold. Where indeed?
boharr

Post by boharr »

ADS wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:07 pm Been doing the Friday contest since quarantine began, and currently on a nice streak, so I figured it was about time I joined this forum. Anyway, I am ashore and I liked this one a lot.
Welcome. And congratulations.
Bob cruise director
Cruise Director

Post by Bob cruise director »

ADS wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:07 pm Been doing the Friday contest since quarantine began, and currently on a nice streak, so I figured it was about time I joined this forum. Anyway, I am ashore and I liked this one a lot.
Congratulations and welcome to the group.

A special welcome because you are our 750th muggle.
Bob Stevens
Cruise Director
EdStrong

Post by EdStrong »

Where’s the rest of the shoreline? Through the first two steps but nothing but some grains of sand stuck in my mouth... i have to believe i can get the final toehold pretty soon here...
beccacollins

Post by beccacollins »

I think I'll remain on the ship and have my drinks with Isaac tonight. Maybe try some more swimming tomorrow.
hunkra

Post by hunkra »

beccacollins wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:41 pm I think I'll remain on the ship and have my drinks with Isaac tonight. Maybe try some more swimming tomorrow.
I'll keep you company :)
Channeling Molly Weasley on a good day.
Janet

Post by Janet »

Ashore! When I solved this I thought it was pretty funny!
RichA2

Post by RichA2 »

I’m ashore, and pretty confident it’s the right shore. (I was about to swim off in the wrong direction this a.m., but thought the better of it). The final piece came to me when I was doing something completely unrelated to the puzzle.

Looking forward to the rabbit hole discussion on Monday.

RichA2
Jacksull

Post by Jacksull »

I made the 🏖.

Held up by an incorrect assumption.
Jack Sullivan
Janet P

Post by Janet P »

Found the way to shore!
Finally extricated
From the rabbit holes.

Good luck to all on winning the mug and stay safe out there!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Once again, I've arrived at a party where everyone seemed to have gotten the correct invitation but me. Ship bound for now, but there is time!

On a lighter note. I was forwarded this cartoon by my wife and it cracked me up, hopefully folks will not find it beyond the pale:
SIT Darn mask.jpg
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
diplomatt

Post by diplomatt »

On the beach with a homemade old fashioned!
Joepickett

Post by Joepickett »

Got it. That was too much. Nice puzzle.
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Did everyone hear the forehead slap?

I just figured out the REAL answer! I kept reading the comments and realized that my original answer was not elegant, did not click and did not make me laugh! I am 100% now.

It is an awesome feeling when the elegant answer clicks and makes you chuckle. Almost worth the angst created by the process!

Even more from me on Monday!
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
LesY

Post by LesY »

DrTom wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:17 pm Once again, I've arrived at a party where everyone seemed to have gotten the correct invitation but me. Ship bound for now, but there is time!

On a lighter note. I was forwarded this cartoon by my wife and it cracked me up, hopefully folks will not find it beyond the pale:

SIT Darn mask.jpg
Right on cue! As for the puzzle, you’ll get it.

In the meantime, do you happen to have a comic involving John Nash on a meth bender? See earlier post by TPS. (And yes, I am encouraging you.)
LaceyK

Post by LaceyK »

The rabbit holes are endlessly multiplying. Isaac cannot even help me.
Two weeks of MMM stumbles and now it seems I cannot see what others have seen so easily.
boharr

Post by boharr »

LaceyK wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:06 pm The rabbit holes are endlessly multiplying. Isaac cannot even help me.
Two weeks of MMM stumbles and now it seems I cannot see what others have seen so easily.
You'll get it.
SewYoung

Post by SewYoung »

Still on the ship. Once again, I see something that I am sure is the starting point, but I have no idea what to do with it. Will keep looking...
Scott M

Post by Scott M »

Just got around to the puzzle after dealing with a car in the shop yesterday, NFL kicking off last night, and mowing a few acres today. about 25 minutes from start to shore. Pretty damn good for a Gaffney.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Mark Twain