National Post Cryptic: by Emily Cox & Henry Rathvon Saturday August 1

Enter if you dare!
Richard B.

National Post Cryptic: by Emily Cox & Henry Rathvon Saturday August 1

Post by Richard B. »

Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

National Post Cryptic โ€” 8/1/2020 Excel blank

[EDIT 1: This is not a meta, so I changed the spreadsheet to offer 15 grid blanks, none of which are dependent upon another. If you downloaded before 1:30 PM, Saturday, 8-1-2020, download the Excel blank, again, please.]
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ.
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ENORMOUS ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ:
๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

This is not a meta, so I changed the spreadsheet to offer 15 grid blanks, none of which are dependent upon another. If you downloaded before 1:30 PM, Saturday, 8-1-2020, download the Excel blank from the link in Post #2, again, please.

๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
Inca

Post by Inca »

Joe Ross wrote: โ†‘Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:51 am National Post Cryptic โ€” 8/1/2020 Excel blank

[EDIT 1: This is not a meta, so I changed the spreadsheet to offer 15 grid blanks, none of which are dependent upon another. If you downloaded before 1:30 PM, Saturday, 8-1-2020, download the Excel blank, again, please.]
I didn't know you post excel versions of cryptic puzzles, thank you!
Do you do the WSJ cryptics when they come out too?
I used to do them (well, attempt to do them) but I have no printer now and there is no online version, so I had to give it up.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

I can & will, *if they aren't hexagonal. PM me if you want a particular puzzle in Excel. Anyone may request this, particularly creators.

I don't post links to subscribed puzzles, for the obvious reason. I create & use a spreadsheet for MGWCC, every week, since I subscribe and (attempt to) solve.

I also create a spreadsheet for the weekly WSJ Number Puzzles. IMO, it's the perfect tool for solving Killer Sudokus.

If a Muggle (or creator) subscribes to a puzzle, PM me & I can create it. I will also send the standard 15x15 blank, with instructions on how to create your own. I include the clues, if they are available in an image, such as a PDF. I will not type a puzzle's worth of clues.

After creating a few, a standard 15x15 puzzle requires 2 or 3 minutes to create the form, 5 total minutes, maybe, including posting the link.

This Saturday's WSJ *acrostic is double or triple-wide & is shallower, so it will take longer and have to wait for me to drag my dead self out of bed & break my fast. Create a new topic for the puzzle & I will publicly post the link. Otherwise, check for a PM.

Stay tuned and look for a version of this posted in the Excel Topic.

[EDIT1 *]

[EDIT2: https://tinyurl.com/WSJ0801Acrostic ]

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

mokelfish

Post by mokelfish »

Richard B. wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:29 pm and the solution:
http://natpostcryptic.blogspot.com/search/label/answers
Richard B, I have updated my avatar to counter yours :) At least we can agree on cryptics!
Joe Ross wrote: โ†‘Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:43 am I can & will, *if they aren't hexagonal. PM me if you want a particular puzzle in Excel. Anyone may request this, particularly creators.
Cool. Alternately, for these weekly Hex puzzles, I re-create the blank grid in Crossfire (not free) or QXW (100% free) and then start solving as if I was doing any other kind of interactive/digital puzzle. Very low learning curve and re-creating the grid only takes a couple of minutes.