Magical Mystery Four - March 2024

A monthly, music-themed meta crossword published at noon on the first Tuesday of every month. The puzzles increase in difficulty each month, and at year end there is a 13th puzzle (the "Mega-Meta") that invokes each of the 12 monthly puzzles. Currently available at https://pmxwords.com/, as well as through the Washington Post website here: MMMM at WaPo
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I also struggle with what the ratings here (and elsewhere) are supposed to be based on. And I don't always give any rating. Just looked at confirmation emails, and they show the rating blank, not zero stars. Whew! I was worried there as that's not at all what i intend when I leave it blank.

I also don't know what to do with the difficulty ratings. I like hard metas, so somewhere in the kinda hard/very hard range is "Just right" for me. And of course if my submission is wrong, then I'm not even rating the correct metanism.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

I just usually leave 5 stars because Pete is awesome, then use the drop down as a difficulty meter for the actual meta. YMMV.
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

There seems to be some weirdness with the MMMM leaderboard this month. When I look at it on my phone, there are 525 correct submissions, the most recent at 9:58 this morning. On my computer, it shows only 464, the most recent at 4:39 Friday. A hard reload and a different browser didn't help.

So if you're having the same issue and don't see yourself on the leaderboard, try https://pmxwords.com/mobile-leaderboard/
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)