CCCC Completion thread

STARTING APRIL 30, 2023

Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 meta puzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations. Many of the constructors and test solvers involved with the project are members of the Muggle community. The bundle is available in exchange for a donation to any cancer-related charity. For more information, visit CrosswordsForCancer.com or email CrosswordsForCancer@gmail.com.
Abide

CCCC Completion thread

Post by Abide »

Post here when you’ve completed all 16. First twenty get Page 1 bragging rights.

I finished the 15th on Monday, with the Woychick taking Tuesday-Thursday.

Great bundle!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
MMe

Post by MMe »

I binge solved the first day. Loved them!
boharr

Post by boharr »

I've done them all.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

I'm done! I haven't commented on the individual threads because I wanted to go back and review each of the puzzles, and I already kind of used up a lot of should-have-been-working time this week :-) Here's a quick run-down though:

One that took me the longest: "Fifth Wheels" (Mark Woychick)
One where I was most unsure of the answer (but was right): "Consider All Options" (Will Pfadenhauer)
Most entertaining: "Oopsie!" (Ben Chenoweth)
Cleverest metanism, IMHO (tie): "Table Setting" (Evan Birnholz); "Working Capital" (Richard Allen)
Favorite answer: "That Ship Has Sailed!" (Rick Kennedy)

Apologies for not coming up with superlatives for all of the puzzles, because they are all fantastic!
damefox

Post by damefox »

Done! This is less impressive than it sounds it my case... 16 total puzzles, but I constructed 1, I officially test-solved 3, I unofficially test-solved 2 more, and Will asked me a question during the final editing process about a meta-related clue in one of them that I remembered while I was solving and gave away the mechanism. Also one of them I had to cheat and look up the answer (and it's probably not the one you would think). So that's 16-(1+3+2+1+1) = 8 puzzles that I actually legit solved in the final puzzle pack. They were great though!

Glad I could be a part of this project. I know from discussions with Will that this was a HUGE amount of time and effort for him to put together, but hopefully all the solvers out there agree it was worth it!
KayW

Post by KayW »

All gone! I tried to pace myself but any time I had a few minutes I just had to peek at the next meta.

This was a wonderful idea and so much fun. And best of all - $6,556 raised so far 🥳
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Complete. Or should I just say solved.
Schmeel

Post by Schmeel »

I solved the last of them last night. I solved in the order they downloaded in the zip file - so for me Peter Abide's was last.
Thanks for all of the great puzzles - and even more so for raising money for a necessary cause!
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

Yeah, just finished Fifth Wheels, which was the last one holding me up. Great puzzle... great suite...great cause!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Just finished # 16, and so I bid fond farewell, and say once again, "Many Thanks" to Will for initiating, and to the whole crew for pitching in!
Untitledzzcrew.png
ajk

Post by ajk »

Finished, and more than a little sad it's over. :)

Needed nudges for two of them, but all were lots of fun and the whole project is really great. Would love to see a sequel once people forget how much work it was to put this one together. :lol: :lol:
Check out this very cool project by many of your favorite muggles to raise money to fight cancer. You get a fun puzzle bundle and good causes get $. Win-win: Crosswords for Cancer
rjy

Post by rjy »

Needed a nudge to get that last one to fall, but wow! What a great collection. Surprised that there are still Page 1 bragging rights to grab, but grab 'em I will!

Kudos to Will and all the constructors... enjoyed them all!
Ray
AaronT

Post by AaronT »

Just finished the set. Great job, everyone! That was a lot of fun.
ReB

Post by ReB »

Thanks to all the constructors (and test solvers) for their dedicated work to assemble these puzzles.
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

I just finished the last puzzle - it was a lot of fun, and I'm a little sorry to see them go. I hope this will become an annual event to support a good cause!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com
fivehalves

Post by fivehalves »

Finished today after a couple days! (With a little help from Google, honestly...) They were a lot of fun. My favorites were "Large Print" by Pasco, "Getting In Shape" by Muller and Meller, and "Table Setting" by Birnholz.
Jay, he/him
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

fivehalves wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:46 pm Finished today after a couple days! (With a little help from Google, honestly...) They were a lot of fun. My favorites were "Large Print" by Pasco, "Getting In Shape" by Muller and Meller, and "Table Setting" by Birnholz.
Weren’t they fun! I don’t think I could pick a favorite. So many, so clever.

If you enjoyed those, you should check out the rest of this site. Lots more meta crosswords, including many from some of the same constructors.
If you want help with a meta, feel free to PM me. The more specific you are about what you have and what you want, the more likely I can help without spoiling.

(And if I help you win a mug, I’ll be especially delighted.)