Low-priority site feature request/suggestion

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
MMe

Low-priority site feature request/suggestion

Post by MMe »

Hey admins!

Unread Posts and Active Topics are great features, but IMO their usefulness is diminished by not being customizable -- in my case, I'd just as soon not be alerted to new Wordle and Connections posts (and really all Other Puzzles content). I don't think there is a phpBB feature or mod for that kind of customization. But my understanding is that it does support making subforums visible/invisible depending on membership in "groups". So I suggest creating a "Hide Other Puzzles Content" group with open membership (so folks can join or leave at will), and "banning" that group from the Other Puzzles sub-forums. Thanks for considering it!
MMe

Post by MMe »

To follow up, with thanks to Joe Ross and MarkWoychick:

Those Quick Links run the same phpBB search function that Advanced Search runs, and produce very similiar URLs, with small variations for unread posts or active topics. So, you can run an advanced search for the forums you're interested in, tweak the resulting URL as follows (here, searching all but the Other Puzzles forums), and save the bookmarks in your browser:

Unread posts

Active topics
MarkWoychick
Site Admin

Post by MarkWoychick »

MMe wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:39 am To follow up, with thanks to Joe Ross and MarkWoychick:

Those Quick Links run the same phpBB search function that Advanced Search runs, and produce very similiar URLs, with small variations for unread posts or active topics. So, you can run an advanced search for the forums you're interested in, tweak the resulting URL as follows (here, searching all but the Other Puzzles forums), and save the bookmarks in your browser:

Unread posts

Active topics
If there is interest in having these search options in the QuickLinks list, please let me know (PM me, like this post, reply to this post, etc.). If there's interest, I will look into it.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 contest-style (meta) crosswords that we've created to help raise money for cancer-related organizations - get the bundle at http://crosswordsforcancer.com