"Small Animals" November 3, 2023

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
DaveWa

Post by DaveWa »

I was part of the menagerie. I submitted cod. C.O.D. is a song by ACDC. (B)oa and (Y)ak being vertical with the others horizontal couldn't be a coincidence, could it? And the first words of the song are "Call of a dog". Confirmation bias at its best! I was 99.9% sure I didn't have the right answer but I didn't take the time to try to dig myself out of that rabbit hole. Instead, I spent the time helping my nephew get ready for his geometry test. Just as much fun--for me at least--not so much for the nephew!. :lol:
hcbirker

Post by hcbirker »

KayW wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:57 pm Today's NYT Connections game may be of particular interest to solvers of this meta.
I noticed that! I just started playing a few weeks ago. I'm hooked!
Heidi
ship4u

Post by ship4u »

I suppose that those who had a difficult time with "CAT" are too young to remember the song "Blue Suede Shoes" sung by Elvis Presley and written by Carl Perkins:

Well it's one for the money,
Two for the show.
Three to get ready
Now go cat go

But, don't you
Step on my Blue Suede Shoes.
Well you can do anythin,
But lay off of my Blue Suede Shoes....

Don & Cynthia

We are always happy to get to know other muggles and help in any way! PM's are always welcome. The next best thing to winning a mug is helping a fellow muggle win a mug!