iPadOS 17 - beware!

A place to hang out, get to know other Muggles and discuss everything under the sun.
rjy

iPadOS 17 - beware!

Post by rjy »

I don’t know what apps various muggles use to solve on the iPad… I always solve within the Files app with the PDF, doing the grid fill with the Apple Pencil so that I can highlight and annotate.

If you’re someone who happens to use the iPad in a similar way, you might steer clear of iPadOS 17 for now if you can avoid it.

The Files app is hopelessly broken, crashing often, losing much of the grid fill repeatedly. Further, it doesn’t “remember” that entries are annotations so I can no longer erase things the next time in. (This has made trying to solve Cap’n Rick’s “Painting By Numbers” ridiculously impossible)

It’s a hard thing to search online for, to see if it’s making any noise out there. Search terms like “Files” “PDFs” “iPadOS 17” aren’t effective, but I do hope they are getting the feedback to fix this soon
Ray
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

I use Notability, it's been fine since updating. I think there's still a free version, you might try downloading that instead.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

I have similar issues annotating PDFs using Adobe Acrobat in Windows 11 (versus W10).

To keep every letter a separate item/image/annotation, I click on the select arrow before clicking on the draw icon.
rjy

Post by rjy »

sharkicicles wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:48 am I use Notability, it's been fine since updating. I think there's still a free version, you might try downloading that instead.
I do use Notability, but more as a notebook/scratchpad type of thing. You're not editing PDFs directly as a document in there are you? If so - I didn't know that was a thing... let me know if it is!
Ray