Rows Garden, August 19, 2003

A place for discussion about variety puzzles such as acrostics, marching bands, rows and gardens, and diagramless.
Wendy Walker

Rows Garden, August 19, 2003

Post by Wendy Walker »

It's a beautiful summer morning here in Pennsylvania. I've already cooked and seasoned 24 ears of corn for a picnic AND I did the always-entertaining Rows Garden! Had some trouble with Row D.
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Jace54

Post by Jace54 »

Love the rows garden puzzles. I filled the middle portion first and finally chipped away at the top and bottom. Usually I need to Google something to complete but I managed without on this one.

My struggle at the top was because I was convinced I had the correct answer for row A, but it turns out I forgot the other 2-word, 9-letter way that I earned cash as a student!
dho

Post by dho »

Lisa and I really enjoyed it. Challenging but fun solve
iggystan

Post by iggystan »

I started from the bottom and worked my way upward, with the eastern middle falling last. An enjoyable ride.
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

Jace54 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:13 am Love the rows garden puzzles. I filled the middle portion first and finally chipped away at the top and bottom. Usually I need to Google something to complete but I managed without on this one.

My struggle at the top was because I was convinced I had the correct answer for row A, but it turns out I forgot the other 2-word, 9-letter way that I earned cash as a student!
I was also convinced that I had row A as an easy answer, yes, I too had the wrong two word 9 letter answer there, caused lots of trouble until later in the puzzle, I realized it had to be wrong and had to change it.

Yes, I managed to put this aside and only picked it up this morning. Nice way to "fill" about an hour of time. These are often my favorites.
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.