Capital Records — April 2023

A monthly, music-themed meta crossword published at noon on the first Tuesday of every month. The puzzles increase in difficulty each month, and at year end there is a 13th puzzle (the "Mega-Meta") that invokes each of the 12 monthly puzzles. Currently available at https://pmxwords.com/, as well as through the Washington Post website here: MMMM at WaPo
MikeM000

Post by MikeM000 »

I'm sure I have it (I know the song and checked its release date...couldn't place it as 2017 or 2018). Good puzzle, but unless I'm missing something I wouldn't have minded there being one more element thrown in there for parallelism's sake.

Speaking of such things - how exactly does one solve the mega-meta and/or red herring? Unlike the NYT or Crosshare or whathaveyou, I've always found on PMX that the filled-in grid disappears if you leave the page and then return to it. If I wanted to see if that missing element I mentioned above actually is there, I'd have to re-do the puzzle. Is there a way to avoid that (outside of leaving your computer on and turning off Windows updates for a year)?
sharkicicles

Post by sharkicicles »

After a swing and a miss last month this one fell quickly.
pmxwords

Post by pmxwords »

Hi Mike

You can find open Across Lite puzzles here: https://pmxwords.com/2023-puzzles/.
Each puzzle is posted as soon as that month's contest is closed.
Alvibu67

Post by Alvibu67 »

On the board!

Allison (Alvibu67)
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

MikeM000 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:41 am Speaking of such things - how exactly does one solve the mega-meta and/or red herring? Unlike the NYT or Crosshare or whathaveyou, I've always found on PMX that the filled-in grid disappears if you leave the page and then return to it. If I wanted to see if that missing element I mentioned above actually is there, I'd have to re-do the puzzle. Is there a way to avoid that (outside of leaving your computer on and turning off Windows updates for a year)?
I download the .puz and solve it locally on my computer (using Across Lite), and then just archive them all year :-)

Impressed with everyone who's already gotten the red herring! I have a guess but I'm nowhere near sure enough to submit.
rjy

Post by rjy »

Late start, but on the board… from seeing prior comments, maybe it’s time I take off the training wheels and tackle the red herring and mega
Ray
markhr

Post by markhr »

Got both the meta and the red herring. Not much hope of getting the mega-meta, though.
Googly

Post by Googly »

Qmark

Post by Qmark »

On the board at 367...an error in my logic and chasing a rabbit helped make the solve more challenging than it should have been.
dpl11

Post by dpl11 »

Anyone have progress on the mega-meta? I think I know one of the 2 songs, but have no clue for the other.