#29 - "Wedge Issues"

Creative and challenging meta crosswords (currently on hiatus) from: www.pgwcc.net
BrianMac
Site Admin

#29 - "Wedge Issues"

Post by BrianMac »

PGW is up early today (celebrating his birthday, we think).

The answer to this week's puzzle is a four-letter word.

Enjoy and good luck!
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

Just finished the grid, but have to give a thumbs up for working a Violent Femmes song in there :D
Beth Tyrpin

Post by Beth Tyrpin »

I sent in my answer. Made sense to me.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Good one! Although it helps to have some slightly specialized knowledge. Happy birthday, PGW!
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

Laura M wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:21 pm Good one! Although it helps to have some slightly specialized knowledge.
Oh great. I've been doing some research, but I don't know if it's even in the right area! Maybe it will come in handy sometime...
Tina

Post by Tina »

Fantastic one! Took me a long time, but I love these sorts of metas the best. Just the right amount of challenge. I start out thinking I have the right idea, then it goes nowhere and I get frustrated. Then I see that I just have to look at it slightly differently and then I see something, and then I see something else, and then I think I have an answer, and finally I see how it's all wrapped up in a nice bow. Awesome!
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

FrankieHeck wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:54 pm
Laura M wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:21 pm Good one! Although it helps to have some slightly specialized knowledge.
Oh great. I've been doing some research, but I don't know if it's even in the right area! Maybe it will come in handy sometime...
Sorry if I made it sound daunting, it's nothing as specialized as airport codes and flight schedules :-)
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

I’m with Tina. This is a great meta. I don’t think so at first but that was my fault not his. And I love a meta I can solve most of on my stationary bike ride.
Meg

Post by Meg »

Nice construction!!
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
LesY

Post by LesY »

One of the best metas of the year! Happy birthday Peter!
Hector

Post by Hector »

Excellent.
Al Sisti

Post by Al Sisti »

I agree with all the comments above. Another gem from PGW (...and happy birthday to yo-o-o-ou!)
TMart

Post by TMart »

Not my strong suit, but very nice construction and a good brain workout.
Toby

Post by Toby »

I don’t know if I found every single wrong path but I did find a lot of them, and don’t know if I would have ever solved without some help. The construction is quite brilliant.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

I am still wandering aimlessly right now, having gone in about five different directions with no good digging spots. But it sounds like a good one, and I'm eager to spot my first glimmer of hope somewhere! I suspect I'll have at least two puzzles to keep me busy this weekend.
damefox

Post by damefox »

I might have to just give up on this one, as I'm completely out of ideas and it's sort of passed the point of being fun, unless someone maybe wants to message me with a hint? In any case I look forward to reading the solution. Well done everyone who figured it out!
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

damefox wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:26 pm I might have to just give up on this one, as I'm completely out of ideas and it's sort of passed the point of being fun, unless someone maybe wants to message me with a hint? In any case I look forward to reading the solution. Well done everyone who figured it out!
damefox

Post by damefox »

Got it! (Thanks for the hint, Al!) I think there might be at least five steps to this meta, depending on how you count. I needed a push to find that first one.
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

After going down a rabbit hole ... deeply ... and staying there way too long ... I finally realized something ... and with a bit more work ... I got it!

Really liked this one. My favorite in a while. For a slightly personal reason too. Which I won't reveal now, because it could give a hint.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

I still haven't figured this one out, and now with Matt's doozy, I'm getting a real headache! I'm taking these to date night, but beer usually only works when I'm overthinking, not underthinking. (Not that I haven't been thinking! I've learned something about six different subjects for this one, to no avail.) One of y'all who log in Sunday will probably get a whiny plea for help from me. ;)