#618 - "Get the Idea Across"

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Amusing path and one that I am sure was quite maddening. This landed squarely in my comfort zone because when I saw the "Important Rows" (though initially I tried columns because I was being too literal with the numbers, thankfully there were not columns with those numbers!) and found the first one it seemed odd that the row actually made a sentence of sorts but when the next row did as well I knew that had to be it. I remembered ROAD, SPOON, OWL from doing the CW and I like Ellen Page as an actor so it was a gimmie. But I'll take gimmies, WSWCC kicked my butt however I was in awe of it.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!