#598 - "Get Ahead of the Curve"

An excellent puzzle written by one of the innovators of the meta crossword format. It comes out every Friday at noon and increases in difficulty throughout the month. Available for modest subscription (worth every cent) here: www.xwordcontest.com
JJD

Post by JJD »

joequavis wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:03 am Beam me up! I too am surprised it took me that long. Several brief sittings, then saw it.

I need to quit looking for what I think it should be much sooner
Yeah, I’m stuck in that box right now...
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Thurman8er wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:17 pm I agree with others that this one came easy. But I wondered if it would for everyone.
I'm sure that some people, who haven't thought about trig functions in many decades, found this one harder.

But if you had missed this one, you'd have had to find a new career as you could not possibly have shown your face in your classroom ever again. :D
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

BarbaraK wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:54 pm
Thurman8er wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:17 pm I agree with others that this one came easy. But I wondered if it would for everyone.
I'm sure that some people, who haven't thought about trig functions in many decades, found this one harder.

But if you had missed this one, you'd have had to find a new career as you could not possibly have shown your face in your classroom ever again. :D
How do I start a new topic?
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

Cindy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm
How do I start a new topic?
Where do you want to put it?
For the Acapulco Lounge, go to that board:
forums/viewforum.php?f=13
and then the "New Topic" button is near the top right under the name of the board.
Same thing with any other board - just go to the level you want your new one under.

(Looks like there are some places this isn't available. Regular posters can't create new top level boards for instance, they have to go under something that's already there.)