A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 1577
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
This week's contest is by Matt Gaffney and is entitled "Stress Test"
The answer to this week's contest crossword is what you'll get for a correct answer
Good luck and have a great holiday
- Posts: 809
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
Safely in the sand... loved this one!!! Guinness me please?
- Posts: 699
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:15 pm
- Location: San Francisco
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:39 am
I'm done like Peter Gunn! Guinness me, please!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 502
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 pm
- Location: Connecticut
Ashore. Milk me, please! Wait, that didn't sound right....glass of milk, please.
- Posts: 82
- Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:29 pm
- Location: PDX, via NH/VT
Disappointed because I deduced the answer before figuring out the meta... but I think that means I'm getting better at these with experience.
Time for a 16 oz Northwest Pilsner from https://www.occidentalbrewing.com/
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm
Well, this is... is this what I think it is??
- Posts: 458
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:51 pm
I'm not 11D!
That is: I got it!
- Posts: 709
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 pm
- Location: West Virginia
I'm on a shore, and I'm pretty sure it's the right one. Enjoyable swim. I'll take something fruity and strong today.
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:21 pm
Hope everyone has a chance to relax at least a little this holiday weekend.
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 pm
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
Well that was different! Time for a Hendricks & Fever Tree Elderflower tonic.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Posts: 337
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:43 pm
- Location: NYC
Laughed out loud (OK, chuckled out loud) when I got it.
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:02 pm
- Location: Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
At least I got the grid this week. Meta? Not a clue.
Count me still aboard, skipper.
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:25 pm
- Location: Menlo Park, CA
Done and done. Once again, a very nice puzzle!
- Posts: 178
- Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:48 pm
- Location: SLO, CA
- Posts: 558
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:41 pm
- Location: St. Petersburg, FL
On the beach. A bit on the wacky side in my opinion!
- Posts: 285
- Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm
Ashore. I'm meh on this one. Definitely on the wacky side, as Meg said.
- Posts: 67
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:15 pm
- Location: West Liberty Ohio
On Shore - Nice one.
When I went to the forum, last weeks shows at the top of the list for some reason and this week is the second one right below it. I saw it and it was barely after 5 on Thursday and thought "21 pages of comments already!!"
- Posts: 146
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:56 pm
On shore. This is why I love metas. You look and look and you don't see anything and you don't even know what you're looking for and then all of a sudden you finally see it!
- Posts: 498
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:24 pm
- Location: Studio City, CA
On shore! That was fun!