"Head Count" - June 12, 2020

A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
KayW

Post by KayW »

Bob cruise director wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:34 pm
BrianMac wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:31 pm
hcbirker wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:35 pm How did your Zoom meeting go? I was going to join but right before my son announced they had bought their first house and I was totally engulfed by text messages and updates to the situation. Hope it went well!
It was great! Nice to put some faces (and voices) to names. There was only a handful of us, but we had a nice talk about everything from solving techniques, to crossword tournaments, crossword constructing and the difference between Gaffney and Shenk. Thanks to Sal for setting it up. He mentioned that he might try to set up another one next week, which I hope he does. Hopefully we can get some more people to join...don't be shy!!
I missed it but would like to join the next one. My laptop camera does not work so you may be stuck with a picture of me doing a crossword which is what I have used for other zoom meetings
Bob, I bet you are just saying that. It really will be a live feed and you’ll be doing a puzzle and ignoring us 😉

...or did I just spill the beans on what’s going on in those other zoom meetings?

I missed it because I fell behind on reading the forums and didn’t see the notice til the event had passed. I look forward to attending one!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.