A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 1855
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
This week's contest is titled "Head Count" by Mike Shenk
The answer to this week's contest is a five letter word
Good luck with the grid and the meta
- Site Admin
- Posts: 545
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 pm
- Location: Connecticut
- Posts: 740
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 pm
- Location: West Virginia
Just got around to this, but the title is giving me flashbacks to a certain PGW puzzle!
- Posts: 418
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm
- Location: Unionville, PA
Very nice, Mike! On the shore! Al, did you get the correct answer last week?
Last edited by Wendy Walker
on Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good luck, fellow Muggles! I'm happy to give nudges, but only if you're still stuck on Sunday.
- Posts: 940
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
BrianMac wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:25 pm
Okay, pressure's off now. My new Irish pub opened today at 4, and trivia starts up (outside) at a local brewery at 6:30. Gave this a quick look, but...well, the Guinness is still one, but the beach is going to have to wait. Save me a spot!
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:38 am
- Location: New Jersey
Ashore - meta came quicker than the grid
- Posts: 912
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:37 pm
- Location: Virginia
Got it. Had the answer before I saw all the reasons I was right.
- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:13 am
On the beach. Another good one from Mike.
- Posts: 358
- Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:09 am
- Location: Long Island, New York
Darnit I was hoping for an easy one... I'm 0 for 4 in the last 4 weeks...
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:46 am
- Posts: 263
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:44 pm
- Location: Beaver, PA
On the beach! 🏖
Enjoyed it very much!!!
- Posts: 293
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:22 pm
- Location: Louisville Ky
Done and on shore. Fun one.
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:43 pm
- Location: Duluth, MN
Enjoying the beach on Thursday!!
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 pm
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:31 pm
Yay! This one really played to my skills....as opposed to other metas. On shore!
- Posts: 405
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:43 pm
- Location: NYC
I realize that the Peggy Lee thing violates my caution about what's "obvious," but I got this one immediately. Then again, there was a sorta similar mechanism from Matt some while ago that I totally missed.
Last edited by Bird Lives
on Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:02 pm
- Location: Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Sarah Who? I found the grid hard this week. Got scabs from scratching my head, and I still can't figure out what 60D means.
Still aboard ship, skipper. Not a beach in sight.
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:25 pm
- Location: Menlo Park, CA
Onshore, with a little help from Mr. G.
- Posts: 47
- Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 4:17 pm
Lots of help from Mr G but managed to stagger ashore, Very tricky Meta!