A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 1855
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
This weeks contest is titled One False Note by Peter Gordon & Matt Gaffney (agh -- trouble and double trouble)
The answer to this week's contest is a country singer (I wonder if they are gunshy about putting down "famous")
On a side note, with inputs from a lot of muggles, I have added some suggestions on hints/nudges to both the Acapulco Lounge page and the FAQ-Community page. If you have any additional thoughts please PM me.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 545
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 pm
- Location: Connecticut
Jet-skied to what I expect will be a very crowded beach. Now to go back and finish the grid.
Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm
- Location: Loveland, Colorado
Ashore. Quick and tidy.
Have a great weekend, fellow Muggles!
Chaddog on MGWCC leaderboard
Matt in real life
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Ashore. Agree with Brian Mac - could be crowded this week. I'll mark off some socially distant territory before everyone else arrives! Enjoy the weekend everyone.
- Posts: 236
- Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:24 pm
- Posts: 149
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 pm
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
Never heard of this singer but I'm on shore waiting for Al.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Posts: 940
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
...and here I am, Scott.. 6 feet and two minutes away. Well done!
- Posts: 740
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 pm
- Location: West Virginia
- Posts: 263
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:44 pm
- Location: Beaver, PA
On the beach! 🏖
- Posts: 453
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:13 am
On the beach with a beer and some classic rock. Got it, but not a country music fan. Now to finish the grid so I can submit.
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:17 pm
- Location: The Rez, MS
- Posts: 293
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:22 pm
- Location: Louisville Ky
- Posts: 1031
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:46 am
- Location: Cincinnati
Ashore & answer scheduled to email.
Local micro-brewery is scheduled to re-open in 35 minutes!
I've a growler of Nut Brown Ale to share!
Last edited by Joe Ross
on Thu May 21, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 241
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:11 pm
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:41 pm
- Location: Charleston SC
Ashore and ready for a libation. It's a shame I have to go back to work now that I'm finally getting the hang of day drinking.
- Posts: 848
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:15 pm
- Location: San Francisco
- Posts: 418
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm
- Location: Unionville, PA
Got it! Nice job, Messrs. Gordon and Gaffney. (I too never heard of this country singer but it's 100%.)
Good luck, fellow Muggles! I'm happy to give nudges, but only if you're still stuck on Sunday.
- Posts: 166
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:56 pm
On shore! Enjoyed seeing 68A in the puzzle. Fun word, and yes, it is a real word. It was actually in yesterday's New York Times Spelling Bee! If anyone needs a new word-based addiction, try it out!
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:12 pm
On shore! New record for me, way before I even finished the grid!
- Posts: 548
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm
- Location: Matthews
Solved! Took longer to get the computer awake and print than to solve.