A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 1577
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
Everyone can relax - all is right in muggledom
This week's contest is THESE GO TO ELEVEN" by Matt Gaffney
The answer to this week's contest crossword is a Beatles song
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:36 pm
no .sig, no avatar, just puzzlin' fun
- Posts: 810
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
Oooh, Diabolical!! Loved it... I'm declaring myself on shore. Guinness me please!
- Posts: 193
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:00 pm
- Location: New York City
Worth waiting for! Cheered me up in these grim times.
- Posts: 458
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:51 pm
That delay had me worried. I'm already pretty wrapped up in these puzzles -- I'll DEPEND on them now.
With a Beatles song running through my head!
- Posts: 710
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 pm
- Location: West Virginia
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:43 pm
- Location: Duluth, MN
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:46 pm
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:04 pm
Happy to be on the first page! Got it.
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:46 am
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm
Got it. But there's this thing...
- Posts: 351
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:44 am
- Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Done and done. Now, with a stunning depletion of entertainment options this weekend, time to get outside and/or learn how to balance a Guinness while reading a real book!
Cheers to all and Happy St Patrick's Day. Guinness and Jamesons will cure what ails you!
'tis... A lovely day for a Guinness!
- Posts: 421
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 pm
- Location: Matthews
Solved and waiting on Mgwcc tomorrow. I have six fireball books for winning the contest a year or so ago. I may have to break them out while we stay at home more than ever!
- Posts: 197
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm
- Location: Loveland, Colorado
Ashore! Good song, but then most of them are!
Chaddog on MGWCC leaderboard
Matt in real life
- Posts: 79
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:28 pm
Ashore. The puzzle took longer than the meta!
Last edited by DaveKennison
on Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Posts: 699
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:15 pm
- Location: San Francisco
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm
- Location: Unionville, PA
This puzzle made me smile!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
Jim and Anita
- Posts: 90
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 pm
- Location: State College, PA
Ashore. The Beatles were our generation's music. Loved this one.
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 8:35 am
Put it down for five minutes after finishing a puzzle. Saw it got it.