A place to discuss the weekly Wall Street Journal Crossword Puzzle Contest, starting every Thursday around 4:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please do not post any answers or hints before the contest deadline which is midnight Sunday Eastern time.
Bob cruise director
- Cruise Director
- Posts: 1568
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
- Location: any golf course that will take my money
This week's contest is titled IN THE HOPPER by Joanne Sullivan who I believe is a new creator
The answer to this week's contest is a six-letter word
Good luck with the meta and winning the mug
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:18 pm
On shore and avoiding spoilers!
- Posts: 801
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:28 pm
- Location: Whitesboro NY
On shore... fun one. Guinness please?
- Posts: 396
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:21 pm
On shore as well! Fun one, and glad to see a guest constructor. Thanks Joanne!
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Grid played a bit harder than usual, meta not so much.
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:31 pm
- Location: Los Angeles, CA (temp)
Ashore. Clever. Ditto thanks to Joanne.
- Posts: 552
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:41 pm
- Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Welcome Joanne! Nice meta! On the beach.
- Posts: 704
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:57 pm
- Location: West Virginia
- Site Admin
- Posts: 501
- Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:45 pm
- Location: Connecticut
On the beach, ready to enjoy the weekend. Thanks, Joanne!
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 12:45 pm
Grid a bit tougher than usual (like an NYT Wednesday), Meta was a breeze. Gimme a big ol' drink with an umbrella in it.
- Posts: 381
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:13 am
- Posts: 282
- Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm
Ashore! Nice contribution from a guest constructor. Agree the grid was harder than usual but the meta was not (maybe a 2/5 in difficulty).
- Posts: 267
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 pm
- Location: Unionville, PA
I agree that the grid was tougher than usual. A clever meta! Thank you, Joanne!
Good luck, fellow Muggles!
- Posts: 195
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 pm
- Location: Loveland, Colorado
Ashore! Now off to finish the grid...
Chaddog on MGWCC leaderboard
Matt in real life
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:10 pm
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
On shore. Always nice to have a new constructor to decipher.
Unfortunately with this nasty cold, I'll limit my celebratory libation to tea with lemon and honey. I promise to make up for it next week.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:51 am
- Posts: 348
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:44 am
- Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Done and done. Agree grid was a welcome challenge. Oho, there's Guiness in the fridge!! Cheers!
'tis... A lovely day for a Guinness!
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:24 pm
I keep waiting for a week when I solve the meta and all the comments are about how hard it is and how everyone else has given up...guess I'll have to wait another week. Done.
- Posts: 131
- Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:25 pm
- Location: Menlo Park, CA
Onshore. Welcome to a new constructor! Grid was a little trickier than some. Meta was fun.