Bottom Line Sept 20, 2020

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
Cindy

Bottom Line Sept 20, 2020

Post by Cindy »

Will’s newest looks like a hard one.
AnswerPfinder

Post by AnswerPfinder »

It is a hard one! Hopefully that makes for a very rewarding payoff for those of you that figure it out!
But, as per usual, I'm watching the email closely today and will give hints as quickly as I can for those of you that want them!

All aboard! You'll probably have plenty of room to relax and splay out on this week's train.

Best of luck!
Your friendly conductor constructor,
Will P.
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
WWMC#1fans

Post by WWMC#1fans »

As solvers from the beginning and WWMC's #1 fans, we are so proud to say that we are on shore! (Is that how crossword forum lingo works?) This is one of those puzzles that makes you wonder how long Will spent making it, but feels so good to finish.
boharr

Post by boharr »

WWMC#1fans wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:02 pm As solvers from the beginning and WWMC's #1 fans, we are so proud to say that we are on shore! (Is that how crossword forum lingo works?) This is one of those puzzles that makes you wonder how long Will spent making it, but feels so good to finish.
On shore is the WSJ contest. You are on the Will train. See his post above. And congrats.
LesY

Post by LesY »

Oh, that was very clever! I am on the Will train and feeling the breeze. Dino me, too!

Good one Will and editorial team.
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

boharr wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:39 pm
WWMC#1fans wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:02 pm As solvers from the beginning and WWMC's #1 fans, we are so proud to say that we are on shore! (Is that how crossword forum lingo works?) This is one of those puzzles that makes you wonder how long Will spent making it, but feels so good to finish.
On shore is the WSJ contest. You are on the Will train. See his post above. And congrats.
"Dino me!" anagrams from "I'm done!" 🦖🦕
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘀 ENORMOUS 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲:
𝟰𝟬% 𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰,
𝟯𝟬% 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰,
𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 & 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮. 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗘!
Meg

Post by Meg »

I had to get some help from Will, which pointed me in the right direction. Very clever! Not easy at all!
Check out and support http://CrosswordsForCancer.com.
Cindy

Post by Cindy »

Very hard but ultimately solvable with help.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Dino me! I can see how this would be tricky, but I lucked out. Great puzzle!
boharr

Post by boharr »

On the Will train. With help from the conductor himself and other RR employees.
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Dino Me, but with help. I saw the start but needed help to find the right path. Great puzzle, hard but fair. Good job Will!
ChrisKochmanski

Post by ChrisKochmanski »

Dino me! I’m on the Will train!

I needed Will to confirm something, then got a nudge from another solver — so I’m not feeling very meta-savvy right now.

Still, a creative and fun puzzle.

Thanks, Will!
C=64

Post by C=64 »

🦖🚂
Another fun one!
Hector

Post by Hector »

Amen, super fun.
Abide

Post by Abide »

Good to have you with us, Mrs. Pfadenhauer! ;)

Edit( a few hours later): Entrained with a slight nudge. Most creative!
The site is just a web page, a meeting place, a clubhouse - it's the group that's special.
—Brian MacDonald
lbray53

Post by lbray53 »

Lost! Could not even find this topic. Finally saw the name change. Found some things and have ideas but need a compass.
My avatar proves that it is sometimes better to be lucky than good!
Beth Tyrpin

Post by Beth Tyrpin »

🦖🚂.

😎🧩
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

All I can say is WOW! Between Will and Brian they are knocking these out of the park with clever mechanisms. I started really strong and got lost because, in a hurry to solve the GRID (voices say must solve GRID first, voices say must....) I did not read. Had all the parts just had to put them together. Will is good at giving nudges and the puzzle is loaded with pointers as well. I was not sure if that was a spoiler or not, it is true and available to all but if you weren't being careful....
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Oh, and MONIED! (also I'm done - couldn't let Joe, Jay and Laura have ALL the fun!)
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Got it, after a nudge by Will. Thanks.

Sadly I didn't see any of the pointers given in the grid, duh.