"Pick Six" - August 16, 2020

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

After a nudge from Will, I believe I'm on the Will train as well. Slapping my forehead though...
oldjudge

Post by oldjudge »

Al Sisti wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:54 pm My first attempt was wide right; but my second split the uprights. So now that Will has his own thread, we need to come up with an "I solved it!" metaphor. After all, isn't the proclamation what we solve a meta for?
Since Will appears to be big on anagrams I suggest DINO ME (anagram for I’m done) It’s short, and ...well Yabba Dabba Doo
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

oldjudge wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:47 pm
Al Sisti wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:54 pm My first attempt was wide right; but my second split the uprights. So now that Will has his own thread, we need to come up with an "I solved it!" metaphor. After all, isn't the proclamation what we solve a meta for?
Since Will appears to be big on anagrams I suggest DINO ME (anagram for I’m done) It’s short, and ...well Yabba Dabba Doo
🦕
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗼𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝗿𝗲.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘀 ENORMOUS 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲:
𝟰𝟬% 𝗽𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰,
𝟯𝟬% 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗰,
𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗰𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗿 & 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘂𝗺𝗮. 𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗘 𝗦𝗛𝗔𝗥𝗘!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

I’m not generally a fan of anagrams, but when they’re short and the puzzle clearly tells you that that’s what you have to do, I don’t mind.

I wasn’t sure whether the diagonal line was a minor inelegance or had some football meaning that went right over my head.

All in all, I enjoyed the puzzle.
C=64

Post by C=64 »

I thought the diagonal line was a cool feature because it made it look more like a real football diagram, and the slope worked out nicely. Algebra 1 lingo: the vertical rise and horizontal run between the X and O are 8 and 4, and the S is the midpoint exactly halfway between them (rise 4 and run 2) so the line went right through the center of the S with no nonsense.