"It's a Cover Up!" - November 15, 2020

Available by emailing a request to PandorasBlocksWMC[at]gmail[dot]com, these meta puzzles are distributed by email every Sunday. Pandora's Blocks crosswords are intended to spread the popularity of meta crosswords, however, they are not just for beginners and run the gamut it terms of difficulty.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Solved, after a nudge from Will. Cool construction.
Dplass

Post by Dplass »

Oh, and for the record I was barking up the totally wrong creek without a paddle. I would have never gotten it without the nudge.
LizD

Post by LizD »

I did it! Solved my first Will puzzle (admittedly with a tiny confirmation that I was on the right track)!
I don't have an inner child... I have an inner old lady. :geek:

Meta solver by night, proud independent bookstore owner by day!
KayW

Post by KayW »

Whew! Willed myself out of the box at last (pending confirmation). Another great puzzle!
Contest Crosswords Combating Cancer (CCCC) is a bundle of 16 metapuzzles created to help raise money for cancer-related charities. It is available at CrosswordsForCancer.com.
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

Huffing and puffing and running for the station-----
Made it!
Attachments
Capturedinotrain.JPG
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Solved before I saw the answer thankfully. I had all of the bones, just couldn't put the meat on them. Got all the "covers" quickly (though I fell for the sheet one so I had a total of 6 until warned away) but I was not intuitive enough to go "UP" for the letter. I kept trying to make it from the answer letter (to no avail of course) and then the clue letter (got SOIRT and tried for hours to make the O an H).

Will is a valuable addition to the META universe and I hope he returns from his hiatus refreshed and ready to challenge. Oh, and Will, I'd buy you a coffee anytime!
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
whimsy

Post by whimsy »

DrTom wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:19 pm Got all the "covers" quickly (though I fell for the sheet one so I had a total of 6 until warned away)
I had OFDUST and GEICO in the mix too before I settled on just the symmetrical ones.
I'll sometimes mention the gist of the puzzle and what type of answer is being looked for in conversation with my husband, and he'll blurt out "his" answer immediately -- methodology be darned! When I verbally listed the too many entries I thought were relevant, he came out with "AFLAC!" ("If it walks like a duck..........")
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

after the "7UP" and "BUBBLES" puzzle (not his), I should have gotten this one ...

very nicely done.

we will miss you during your hiatus.
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.