Downtimes

Puzzles created by members of Xword-Muggles.com. Here you can post links to puzzles of any kind that you created - crosswords (meta or non-meta), cryptic, variety, word search, number puzzles, riddles, brainteasers and anything else.
FrankieHeck

Post by FrankieHeck »

I don't know why I am so bad at metas involving numbers. I wrote down the 9, 8, 10, 6, 4, 2, 1, but couldn't figure out what to do with them. Out of desperation, I told my non-meta husband the title, and slid the puzzle over to him, because he'd figured out a number puzzle in the past. He took one look and asked if I'd used "times" like "times a number." OMG, I squealed, that must be it! Maybe I just multiply the number by the grid number! I grabbed it back and started writing down the letters. "OMG!" I squealed, after I had N-O. "I thought right away that it might be 'NOW WHAT,' and I think I'm going to get it!........No....I got NOW THAW." Then about fives seconds of crickets while I realized I had to circle the letters on the grid to get the order.

Sometimes I wonder how I ever solve any of these. Great puzzle!
Joe Ross

Post by Joe Ross »

Thoroughly enjoying your puzzles, Brian! Someday I'll solve one. Keep them coming, please! It's mine to improve my skills.
Whole blood, platelets, or plasma: Donate 4 in 2024

PLATELET ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ.
๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ENORMOUS ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ:
๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿฌ% ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต, ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ,
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ & ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ฎ. ๐—ฃ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—˜ ๐—ฆ๐—›๐—”๐—ฅ๐—˜!
boharr

Post by boharr »

Joe Ross wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:06 am Thoroughly enjoying your puzzles, Brian! Someday I'll solve one. Keep them coming, please! It's mine to improve my skills.
I second those sentiments.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Really elegant one.
MajordomoTom

Post by MajordomoTom »

didn't get there, but love the mechanism and great job. Yes, keep 'em coming, we need ... MOAR!
"Lots of planets have a North", the Ninth Doctor.
Laura M

Post by Laura M »

Wow! I saw the down numbers but I totally missed the times/multiply thing and spent a bunch of time trying to make a clock out of the grid. You totally got me, Brian, great meta! (NOW WHAT would have been my Hail Mary, that or HOW LONG.)
LesY

Post by LesY »

Laura M wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:30 pm Wow! I saw the down numbers but I totally missed the times/multiply thing and spent a bunch of time trying to make a clock out of the grid. You totally got me, Brian, great meta! (NOW WHAT would have been my Hail Mary, that or HOW LONG.)
I tried the clock thing, too. Also tried to backsolve HOW LONG!