Episode #240 Contest: "Angling for Words"

Meta crosswords from Lollapuzzoola creator and host Brian Cimmet, offered from time to time through the Fill Me In podcast, which is hosted by Mr. Cimmet and Ryan Hecht. More information available here: https://bemoresmarter.com/
Hector

Post by Hector »

spotter wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:32 pm I don't think I'd have gotten this one no matter how hard I tried
Maybe not, but if you noticed the fish and googled "fish children's book," you'd be pretty close to done.
spotter

Post by spotter »

Hector wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:39 pm
spotter wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:32 pm I don't think I'd have gotten this one no matter how hard I tried
Maybe not, but if you noticed the fish and googled "fish children's book," you'd be pretty close to done.
This is true...
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Is there anywhere the answer is posted? I had an answer that fit but it seemed way too easy and I wanted to check and see if I hit or missed.
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!
BarbaraK

Post by BarbaraK »

DrTom wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:11 pm Is there anywhere the answer is posted? I had an answer that fit but it seemed way too easy and I wanted to check and see if I hit or missed.
Post #18 on this board:

forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=370#p19852
DrTom

Post by DrTom »

Well RATS! I figured it to be the chart book based on the One Fish, Two Fish book which is also a popular children's book. It is called:
One Fish, Two Fish, Three Fish, Four Fish, Five Fish (and I didn't even include TROPICAL fish)

five fish.jpg
NUDGES!I am always willing to give nudges where needed; metas should be about fun, not frustration. Send me what you have done so far because often you are closer than you think!